Technology Risk - Manager
- City of Edinburgh
- Job Type
- Technology Risk
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
Technology has moved from being an enabler of business processes to becoming a key factor in long term business strategy. Clients are adopting cloud-based solutions; replacing monolithic ERP systems with vertically integrated best in class applications; exploring the opportunities of emerging technology; and are looking to new levels of automation with RPA transitioning from proof of concept to enterprise scaling.
The Technology Risk Manager will work with a successful team of Technology Risk specialists, providing expert technical advice, guidance and support on technology risk projects to a range of clients. You will also take a key role in leading delivering across a broad spectrum of IT Risk engagements, working with our clients to bring technical experience combined with consultancy skills to enable insightful and value-adding conversations.
The role will primarily be to support the Risk Assurance team within the region but may also enable you to work on assurance and consulting projects outside of the region.
Responsibilities will include
- IT risk reviews
- Programme/project assurance
- Third party assurance,
- IT operational, security and data reviews
- Leading fieldwork for engagements and supporting the team in more specialist areas
- Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
- Coaching and Managing staff
Our ideal candidate would have experience in industry within a client facing IT environment acting as a CIO, IT Director or Senior IT manager, or would have previous experience of delivering IT risk advisory work to IT functions.
Skills and experience required
- Experience within a client-facing IT environment, or would have previous experience of delivering IT risk advisory work to IT function
- Experience operating with emerging technologies and techniques such as AI, Cloud, Dev Ops, Agile
- Technical IT background and practical experiences
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- Understanding of Prince2 or Agile processes; or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified
- Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge
- ITIL experience
- Experience of IT functions, IT change programmes or advising clients how to improve their IT operations
- Technical IT background and significant practical experience, preferably in the delivery or assurance of IT-enabled transformation projects and programmes
- Awareness of current/emerging market technology trends
- Excellent understanding of standard programme management methods
- Good understanding of common business processes
- Strong project management, analytical skills
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity