FS Data Analytics Director - Risk Assurance
- Job Type
- Information Assurance, Technology Risk, Data Administrator, Data Analytics
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Permanent, Temporary
About the team
The candidate will join the Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) Practice in Banking and Capital Markets as the one of the leaders in the team. The B&CM ARCA practice comprises number of primary market propositions
Advanced analytics and visualisation; Data governance & quality; Regulatory data management; and Financial crime and AML analytics.
There is a significant global market opportunity in the application of data analytics solutions to generating valuable business insights from a company's data. Increasing the use of technology in business is driving an exponential increase in the amount and type of data available to corporations.
As trusted advisors to senior level executives, we assist them in maximising value from their data assets to reduce risk, improve efficiency, ensure compliance and identify and develop new business opportunities.
We support our clients with a range of services such as
- Assessing data governance processes and operations to manage data submitted to regulatory bodies
- Developing data analytics routines to identify and scenario test risks
- Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics to improve understanding of business processes and potential weaknesses
- Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
- Designing automated and data-driven controls and structures to better manage and protect data assets
About the role
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the ARCA team in setting the strategy, focus and plans for growth over the next five years and for executing these. They will exploit existing relationships and develop their sector knowledge to help build the data business specifically in Banking and Capital Markets as well being part of the x-Sector leadership team. The role will include responsibility capability and market proposition development and include
- Leading client delivery, including managing risk to the business and ensure the project team produce the required high standard of deliverables
- Managing the end to end sales lifecycle to identify opportunities and sell engagements in to target clients
- Meeting a yearly sales target, selling data services
- Driving team performance and team operations
- Planning, shaping and leading new data propositions to exploit opportunities in the market
- Profile development including building and maintaining senior relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with clients and target clients
- Skills development (including external recruitment / identification of talent)
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable ability in the following areas
- Strong knowledge of Digital, Customer and Data Analytics. You should be an expert in one of these areas together with an understanding of the others.
- Substantial experience of working with or in the UK Financial Services industry
- Experience from both the consulting and client side
- Other skills include a combination of Digital bank/Marketing, Data Management, Fintech
- Experience of working with Alliance Partnerships
- End to end digital sales cycle experience
- Ability to take the customer on the journey
- Excellence in transformation programme management and client delivery
- Selling profitable work and to manage projects to maintain expected margins
In addition, has demonstrable experience including
- Track record of successful contract negotiations, considering risk, quality and profitability
- Ability to meet sales targets, whilst maintaining expected levels of profitability and margin
- Ability to identify, qualify and develop opportunities for new work
- Ability to build relationships at senior levels both internally and externally and use these to open up new opportunities and accounts for our services
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and projects
- Track record of leading project delivery and project teams including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce project deliverables
- Ability to identify and address client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client's business
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Desire to work in an exciting, yet rapidly changing environment
Who we're looking for
To meet the growing demand in Financial Services Risk & Regulation area, we are investing in our Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) practice globally.
We are currently looking for an experienced Director to join our fast growing team in Banking and Capital Markets business. You should have good knowledge as a business developer along with previous experience of delivering projects. Ability to lead business strategy, value propositions and teams to deliver incremental revenues for analytics related programmes.
We have ambitious plans and are looking for individuals who can develop and build our go-to-market propositions and excel in client delivery.
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity