Senior IT Audit Consultant, Southampton
Up to £65,000 + Bens
We are working with a leading FTSE company whom are now seeking a new IT Audit professional to join their growing and dynamic Risk Advisory and Assurance department. The company's financial growth is going from strength to strength so now is an excellent and exciting time to be joining the company.
Within the role you will:
1. Assist in the development of the annual audit plan based on the annual risk assessment that addresses the key areas of risk/opportunity within Information Technology.
2. Execute and/or manage independent reviews and evaluations of any and all technology-related operations and activities to assess:
- The reliability and integrity of internal controls over financial reporting for systems that authorise transactions and safeguard assets.
- Compliance with policies, laws, and regulations which could have significant impact upon IT operations and processes.
- The effectiveness and efficiency of IT operations.
3. Report to the Director of Internal Audit - Technology on the following:
- The scope/objectives and status of the assigned audits.
- The adequacy of processes and internal controls and their related impact on the organization on a project by project basis.
- The action taken by IT Management to mitigate control deficiencies or enhance the effectiveness or efficiencies of operations.
- The implementation status of management action plans.
4. Assist in the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance program for IT by performing validation of IT Management's testing of the effectiveness of internal controls over systems and processes used in financial reporting. In addition, perform independent testing of high-risk key controls and provide support to the ITGC SOX Coordinator as assigned by the Director.
5. Adhere to the departmental procedures for audit planning, fieldwork and reporting.
6. Develop an effective working relationship with IT senior management to ensure the department is viewed as a partner for managing IT risk.
The position is responsible for the execution of Global technology reviews across the company's Brands and requires the ability to interface well with all levels of management. There will be approx. 40% travel within the role.
What is required:
Education: A degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems and/or Accounting is required.
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is desired.
Proficiency with a personal computer and computer assisted audit tools (like ACL) is required.
Willingness to travel up to 40%.
Requires a minimum of 6 years' experience auditing information systems in a Top practice and/or large, complex company environment. Prior experience in a managerial role, preferably in an internal audit department, is desired. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven project management, analytical, and organization skills to enable the manager to work independently on multiple projects and meet deadlines while ensuring quality results is expected.
- Knowledge of information systems security and controls for information technologies such as LAN, Client/Server, Mainframe, UNIX, Wintel, Oracle, SQL Server and networks is desirable.
Please apply with your CV for more information on this opportunity to Rachael Terry at Elite Audit Recruitment.