- Apollo Solutions
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Job Type
- Network Security, Security Engineer
- Employer Sector
- Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Support successful design / fulfillment of network projects and services requests within agreed timelines.
- Provide Technical expertise to existing support teams, including training and knowledge transfer.
- Aid with the resolution of incidents, problems and changes within business service level targets.
- Analyse technical needs, requirements, and state of the network's infrastructure design, integration and operations.
- Communicate the value of the network to the organisation and support business cases for technology investments and strategic design requests.
- Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Work with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Lead teams of other network engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within an equivalent senior network support or network design role.
- Strong demonstrable experience in supporting, maintaining and developing a complex Cisco routing and switching network environment.
- Expert working knowledge is required within at least two of the following technologies (Checkpoint FW's, Cisco and Load-Balancers).
- Cisco Nexus and IOS knowledge and working experience. Knowledge of Stacking, VPC, VSS and VRF technology
If this is something that you would be interested in hearing more about then HIT APPLY! We also have other Network roles in the UK both Permanent and contract at all levels so I would be happy to speak with you!