IT External Audit Managers / Assistant Managers - Tech Risk - FS Consulting
Service Line Information
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation. Our specialists provide independent, jargon free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Within the FS Technology Risk team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT control testing, IT project assurance, as well as the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
- Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services to the Banking sector
- Lead small teams of consultants and auditors in delivering technology risk services to the Banking sector
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of audit clients (external audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality
- Assume ownership of key client relationships and identify revenue-generating opportunities with specific clients
- Developing compelling services and solutions to technology-risk related issues faced by insurers
- Build and develop relationships with key Banking / Insurance market contacts (including CIO, Head of Information Security, Head of IT Audit, COO)
- Oversight of delivery of IT advisory and audit projects, including coaching of junior staff and delivery of training on IT risk and control
Qualifications and Skills
- Big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment within Financial Services
- CISA or equivalent auditing qualification preferred
- Degree/masters qualification in IT
Experience and Background
- Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services and external audit into retail and investment banks.
- Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within financial services
- Experience of managing teams of 5-6 individuals across a portfolio of external audits.
- Experience of core financial services systems - including transaction processing and financial ledger systems
- A good understanding of technology platforms
- Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people
- Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly too all levels
- Experience in developing excellent client and internal relationships
- Experience in delivering work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
- Experience in testing ITGC (IT General Controls) for leading financial services institutions
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We're at our best when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'The Academy'. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'The Academy', you'll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we're making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy