- Newport, Wales
- Competitive + benefits
- Job Type
- Information Assurance, Security Engineer, Systems Manager, Security Cleared
- Employer Sector
- Automotive & Aviation, Engineering & Electronics, Logistics & Transport, Production, Manufacturing & Operations
- Contract Type
- 0-25% Travel
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
This role is responsible for fulfilling the technical (people, process, technology) activities for the System Engineering Function Group for Airbus Cyber UK. The role will work directly with the Head of Engineering and will present up to and including Director level.
Promote best practice and work with the technical managers, design authorities, project managers and engineering managers to agree technical specifications and then ensure the design and subsequent development of the system meets the needs of the work package.
The adoption and adaptation of systems design lifecycle models based on the context of the work and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
The System Design Team Lead integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort, forming a structured development process that proceeds across the project lifecycle phases.
- Manage and develop a multi-disciplined System Engineering team in the development, delivery and support of Airbus Cyber UK products and systems
- Determine the overall systems engineering processes required to achieve technical and programmatic objectives applying broad knowledge of systems engineering
- Application of systems engineering approach and execution of key systems engineering activities
- Engaging with stakeholders, project managers and senior technical staff to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and problems are mitigated
- Ensure the Planning, and driving System Integration Activities and Plan
- Instil System Design and Thinking into the Airbus Cyber UK organization
- Lead a technical team in support of project objectives, structuring work of others and reviewing output
- Drive change management activities in compliance with business process to manage system level change/defect requests
- Drive technical excellence within the system engineering community & mentor less experienced engineers
- Performing one or more of key systems engineering (e.g. requirements engineering, system design, and/or operation and support) and/or systems engineering management processes
- Anticipate and escalate major problems with appropriate business and professional discipline staff
- Plans and structures own work and the work of the System team under their management
- Understand and applies relevant regulatory, safety and technical standards to work and supports compliance
- Contribution towards relevant Product Roadmaps, working with System Architects, Product Management and other key stakeholders.
- Contribution towards a continual improvement approach to Airbus Cyber UK system engineering processes
Particular skills/experience required
- Practical knowledge of AGILE, DEV OPS and NPI Experience developing world class, market leading products
- Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge sharing and mentoring capabilities
- Management of delivery plans
- Ability to create and lead multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
The applicant is expected to hold, as a minimum, a degree (or an equivalent qualification) in an Engineering-related discipline and have a relevant experience in an appropriate system engineering environment.
Applicants not holding the expected qualification but who have undertaken structured Engineering training recognised by a professional body and have extensive engineering experience will be considered. Applicants are expected to have gained or be working towards professional registration e.g. Chartered Engineer.
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Similar searches: Permanent, 0-25% Travel, Automotive & Aviation, Engineering & Electronics, Information Assurance, Logistics & Transport, Production, Manufacturing & Operations, Security Cleared, Security Engineer, Systems Manager