- Stevenage / Portsmouth / Newport
- Competitive + benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Cyber Security, Network Security, Security Cleared
- Employer Sector
- Automotive & Aviation, Engineering & Electronics, Logistics & Transport, Production, Manufacturing & Operations
- Contract Type
- 0-25% Travel
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
We have an urgent need for a passionate, collaborative team player to join our UK IM Security Team with the potential to work at one of our three UK sites (Stevenage / Portsmouth / Newport (Wales)). The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to travel between these sites with occasional travel internationally to liaise and collaborate with our European colleagues.
You will be a highly motivated cloud computing security specialist who is keen to build on your experience of working with existing and emerging technologies to join the IM Security Team who deliver an essential business enabling function for Airbus Defence and Space.
Whilst you will report directly to the Head of IM Security in the UK, you must adapt easily to working in virtual teams and embrace the agile method of project delivery
You will have a good understanding of the principles of ICT systems, networking, cyber security and information risk, you will be willing to use this knowledge to help deliver key tasks and services aligned to corporate and national security authority requirements. You will play a key role in designing and delivering European level solutions through successful project delivery, stakeholder relationships and engagement.
The IM business area offers excellent conditions and opportunities for a successful career in a dynamic and forward-looking environment, working with IT professionals with experience in digitalization, innovation and employing advanced security concepts and tools to shape new ways of working.
This role will be based at one of our Airbus Defense and Space offices in the UK, and involves working within the UK Defense industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
- You will focus on cloud computing activities, including commercially available services from major suppliers such as Google and Amazon, as well as Airbus bespoke designs and solutions.
- As well as specific focus on cloud activities, you will be expected to be involved in wide-ranging activities including supporting UK governmental networks and enabling the wider business function of Airbus Defence and Space.
- You will represent the IM Security UK Team in cloud design workshops and deliver advice and guidance to cloud projects across the core Airbus countries.
- You will provide pragmatic guidance on security policy / process to cloud projects and the wider business;
- You will support the IM community, the business and customer projects in creating cloud solutions in compliance with national regulations, technical requirements and business processes;
- You will apply your technical knowledge in collaborative scenarios, seeking risk-based solutions while delivering maximum business benefit.
At least one of the following:
- Recognised professional qualification in cloud computing (ISO, SANS or NIST etc);
- Degree level in Information Technology or related discipline with demonstrable cloud security content;
- Experience in a cloud security related role in UK Government, commercial enterprise or industry;
- Demonstrable technical skills relating to digitalisation, virtualisation, cloud development and DevOps.
- Current certification in CISSP and / or CISM;
- An understanding of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials Plus, NIS directive and GDPR;
- The ability to manage numerous, complex and varied projects at one time.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Similar searches: Permanent, 0-25% Travel, Automotive & Aviation, Cyber Security, Engineering & Electronics, Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Logistics & Transport, Production, Manufacturing & Operations, Network Security, Security Cleared