Lead Cyber Security Engineer
- Cyber Security Jobs
- 60000.00 - 90000.00 GBP Annual + + benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Security
- Employer Sector
- Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
Lead Cyber Security Engineer - network/system - SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewalls, Routers,
Location - London
Currently working with a well-known brand who are looking to bring in a Lead Cyber Security Engineer who can manage, maintain and improve the Security of its internal Networks and IT Infrastructure.
Working directly alongside the Head of Cyber Security, you will be responsible for setting out the cyber security strategy across the organization, building a best in class security capability and team underneath you.
In addition to your hands-on responsibilities, you will work closely with the Head of Risk to develop IT security processes and policies in line with ISO27001/NIST concepts.
Additionally, cloud experience is required for this position, working with physical security (access controls), malware analysis, data analysis tools and forensic analysis would be required for this role as well as experience of Cloud Iaas including AWS/Azure.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for information security issues
- Ensuring the IT department's continuous adherence to relevant legislation, including GDPR, as well as implementing/developing supporting policies including breach response and mitigation
- Producing reports, conducting internal training and managing vendor assessments from a security perspective.
- Responsible for network security and system infrastructure, covering all security technologies in the network/system - SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewalls, Routers, etc
- Routine monitoring of security events, investigating potential network/security related incidents, remediating where necessary and automating where possible.
- Review current infrastructure and new security technologies and lead in its implementation as required.
- Significant knowledge of application, network and system vulnerabilities and modern attacker techniques to exploit these.
- Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and translate technical concepts into business risks.
- Strong background and knowledge of IT and Networking protocols, Network Security Infrastructure and Cloud Services.
- Strong knowledge and advanced troubleshooting experience of Firewall Technologies.