- Clifton Governance
- Salary to £45,000 + free shares (worth £3,600 per
- Job Type
- Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Cyber Security Analyst, Security Analyst, Technology Risk
- Employer Sector
- Financial Services, Insurance, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
This major group operates several "household name" brands, serves over 7 million customers and has shown consistent growth in revenue and profits over the last 10 years through investments in acquisitions, new products and services to become the successful multinational group it is today. A big part of this growth is down to its genuinely unique culture which has won them independent employee-voted awards. The business puts their customers and their employees first, with a progressive, open, honest, values-led and fun (no suits!) culture where diversity, work-life balance and flexible working are embraced, ideas are shared, challenge and change is encouraged and people are valued.
With the business increasing its focus and investment in technology risk management, their IT Risk & Compliance team has been growing and has created a brand new "Second Line of Defence" opportunity for a Risk Analyst to join the friendly team of nine.
Working closely with the IT function but independent from it, you will identify and assess operational and technology risks within a dynamic and fast paced IT environment. You will undertake analysis and make recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders to drive mitigation and reduce exposure to IT risks. You will be an "ambassador" for best practice risk management delivering risk awareness training, supporting additional strategic programmes/initiatives and contributing to continual improvement activities within the team.
The team is based in South Wales but there is the opportunity to work remotely though you may be required to attend meetings in South Wales occasionally.
As the ideal candidate for this opportunity, you will:
- Ideally have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience of identifying and evaluating operational and technology risks within an IT environment
- Have demonstrable risk analysis/management skills and experience of performing risk & control assessments
- Ideally have a background in IT or at least a strong understanding of IT services, infrastructure, applications and networks (including Cloud)
- Knowledge of COBIT, ITIL and an awareness of Agile methodology
- Thrive in a fast paced, and changing environment
- Have strong communication skills - an active listener with the ability to influence
- Be organised, have strong reporting skills and an excellent attention to detail
On offer is a fantastic package including a base salary of £40,000 to £45,000, a free shares scheme (worth £3,600 per year), an additional share scheme, dividends, bonus, matched pension, free gym, life assurance, discount schemes plus more! PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have the right to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity as sponsorship of work visas is not available.