Head of Data Privacy
- The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company
- Belfast (City/Town)
- Up to £70,000 + £5,000 car allowance + benefits /
- Job Type
- Head of Cyber Security, Data Protection, Information Security, Security Consultant/Specialist
- Employer Sector
- Production, Manufacturing & Operations
- Contract Type
- 0-25% Travel
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company is recruiting a Head of Data Privacy on behalf a global manufacturer. The organisation is continuing to grow and diversify and is at the forefront of design and innovation manufacturing many of the leading products within its sector.
You will be responsible for assessing the current operating environment, developing a data privacy framework, and ultimately implementing a global data privacy programme that will reduce data privacy risk and enhance data privacy resilience.
As the go to person, this is a superb opportunity to own and drive a data privacy programme within a global enterprise, and you will be provided with plenty of resources, support, and freedom from the business in doing so. Whilst there is an existing foundation is place, the organisation requires an experienced data privacy specialist able to elevate them to the next level from a data privacy perspective.
Therefore, experience in leading such a programme within a large organisation (ideally global) would naturally be ideal, however, this would also suit a current number 2 able to demonstrate they're ready to step up and lead. Similarly, if you're an experienced and senior data privacy specialist working within a consulting firm and seeking a change, this would also work.
Further responsibilities include
- Ensuring ongoing improvements and maintenance of established security solutions, specifically relating to data privacy but may be called upon to support IT Security tools.
- Identifying and monitoring emerging data privacy risks, and seeking ways to strengthen resilience to data privacy incidents
- Enhancing data privacy policies, processes, procedures and technical controls to strengthen the data privacy capabilities
- Participate in the design and implementation of systems and applications to ensure that proposed solutions comply with the company's IT policies
- Leading the internal and external audit for ISO, BS10012 and any other standards
- Collaborating and influencing cross functionally to achieve high standards and compliance, and providing ongoing advice on the threat landscape and global data privacy laws
- Conducting internal investigations relating to given security incidents or SARs
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft data security solutions and how they're implemented and maintained within an enterprise environment
- Comprehensive experience and in-depth knowledge of enterprise information security and standards including Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, 27002 etc. Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation globally and including US Data Privacy.
- Information security, governance, risk, and compliance experience
- Knowledge of RMS / DLP tools, deployment, and ongoing compliance improvements
Equally as important as the technical proficiencies, you will be consultive, and able to build relationships at a senior level and display commercial acumen.
The organisation is actively recruiting now and will be conducting remote video interviews. Please get in touch for further information.