Cyber Security Software Engineer - Tech For Good
- Cyber Security Jobs
- 75000.00 GBP Annual
- Job Type
- Cyber Security
- Employer Sector
- Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
Are you an experienced cyber security software engineer with a desire to make green & sustainable practices the norm?
A London-based company specialising in large-scale renewable energy storage solutions have an opportunity for an experienced cyber security software engineer to join their growing team.
They want to hire someone with a proven background in cyber security who approaches software challenges with a curious & positive mentality; the kind of thinking they feel is critical to bring about a much needed change to the energy sector.
A small company themselves, they are partnered with some of the biggest global energy firms in their journey to bring about a more efficient & cost-effective means to supply green energy to the planet.
Their wider software team use:
- Go / Golang
- AWS as their chosen cloud service for infrastructure
- NoSQL Databases (Cassandra & MongoDB)
- CI / CD
If you're experienced with the above, fantastic. Otherwise, they're looking for applicants with any of the following traits:
- Proven experience implementing best in class security practices
- Experience working within IoT
- 3 - 5 years of Java / C++ / Python experience - they need someone with exposure to a strong scripting language.
- The confidence to be an authority in cybersecurity when it comes to software builds.
- Cloud native exposure.
- Knowledge of building microservice architectures.
- An ability to develop automated software.
Why Do People Join Typically Join This Company?
- Working within the low-carbon energy space, the entire company are committed to bringing about an essential change to the world we live in.
- They build complex systems from scratch, meaning the technical challenges remain interesting day to day for software engineers in particular.
- They have built a culture around two tenets - personal development & having fun.
Remote & Flexible Working:
This company are currently working remotely in line with government guidelines; in the future, they hope to return to working out of their offices whilst retaining a healthy approach to those who prefer to work from home.
?If you'd like to know some more details about the company, including what kind of benefits, flexibility & working culture they offer, please apply & I'll be in touch to discuss!