Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Jobs
- 36414.00 - 40698.00 GBP Annual
- Job Type
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Employer Sector
- Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst based at our HQ in Southampton. This is a full-time, permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of GBP36,414 - GBP40,698 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Cyber Security Analyst:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the Cyber Security Analyst role:
Working in the team you will help defend our digital services from cyber-attack, respond to incidents and mitigate our security vulnerabilities. You will help ensure we comply with our policies, provide your colleagues with advice and guidance, and last-but-not-least, support our critical cyber platforms.
Day to day this is a varied role, responding to the challenges of a digital business.
As part of the Cyber Security Analyst role, you may be part of:
- Regular monitoring of our cyber response platforms for alerts and events, developing and extending these capabilities
- Managing vulnerabilities and working with teams to resolve or mitigate these, whilst conducting assessments of existing and new software deployments
- Continually looking at ways to mature our processes and improve our services, controls and protection
- Ensuring our controls are proportional to the risk and threat and comply with standards such as Cyber Essentials Plus, GDPR, PCI-DSS and the various NCSC standards
- Advise staff and external stakeholders on compliance with our policies and standards, whilst responding to requests and service tickets
- Manage, collate and publish knowledge articles and threat intelligence feeds
- Deliver briefings and training to colleagues
What we are looking for in our Cyber Security Analyst:
- Experience working as a Security Analyst or similar role
- Working knowledge of cyber tools such as SIEM, advanced malware protection, firewalls and vulnerability management
- Ability to show a working knowledge of the IT "towers" found in a typical Digital business (networks, servers, storage, end user devices, mobile and applications)
- Good knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards, including Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, cloud security, 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills and reporting skills
- Experience of supporting cloud adoption and cloud security in Azure would be an advantage
Cyber security underpins our ambitions to deliver world-class trusted geospatial digital services.
Join us as our Cyber Security Analyst and you'll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn't have done it without us. And to be central to OS's vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
Click apply now - we would love to hear from you...... click apply for full job details