Application Security Manager
- Job Type
- Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Cyber Security Manager, Application Programmer, Security Manager
- Employer Sector
- Education, Training & Recruitment, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
Apps are a big part of daily life for businesses, just as they are for everyone else, and the growth of app technology has led to one of the fastest-growing and most exciting areas of cyber security. Our new Application Security Manager role has been established to provide leadership to a growing team of app security specialists who work to understand changing security needs and provide solutions for our tens of thousands of customers across the globe.
With more 300 apps to our name, and new ones constantly in development, our app security teams are always engaging with multiple projects in different areas of the business. As Applications Security Manager, you’ll coordinate those teams and be a central source of expertise and a voice of experience. Cyber security is a team effort at Sage, so our managers are always team players with the empathy skills to understand the concerns of team members and take a strategic approach to acting on them.
First to know when it comes to the latest developments in cyber security, you’ll inspire our team with the assurance that our all our efforts are made in the right places to make our apps the safest and most secure on the market. It’s our team-led, ear-to-the-ground approach that differentiates Sage. It’s also the reason that, if you can drive our empathy-led security culture forwards, you’ll have a rewarding and secure career with us.
- Applying advanced security concept knowledge to address vulnerabilities
- Direct experience with application security
- Inspiring, empathic, leadership abilities
- The ability to work and manage a geographically dispersed team
- Experience working in an agile, DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Ideally, a working knowledge of static code analysis, dynamic analysis testing tools, ISO27001, PCI or similar
- Lead and inspire the applications team to achieve Sage goals and drive projects forwards
- Ensure industry standard compliance and pro-actively address vulnerabilities
- Planning of team workflows in connection with other areas of the business
- Driving continual improvement and innovation in secure software
Sage is a global company built on the unique personalities and characteristics of 13,000 colleagues across 24 countries. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes. Steve Hare has been recognised by colleagues as the top scoring CEO on Glassdoor throughout the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, due to the high levels of communication and engagement throughout. As a worldwide FTSE 100 company, we do business the right way while giving back to our local communities. By giving each colleague five paid days a year to support the Sage Foundation, they can volunteer in whatever way they feel best. We believe in building a culture where colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment and not discriminated against based on their race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.