Threat Modeller - Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Risk, Countermeasur
Threat Modeller - Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Risk, Threat Management, Threat Detection, Countermeasures
ADARMA are looking to engage a contract Threat Modeller to work with our leading banking partner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining robust technical countermeasures in response to changes in the cyber risk landscape. The candidate will combine an ability to think like an attacker with a rigorous approach to identifying the most effective countermeasures - for example through hunts, decoys, detection analytics or technical policy controls.
This role is offered on a remote basis although travel to either London or Edinburgh may be necessary in the future. Please note that the successful applicant would be expected to engage via an FCSA accredited umbrella company.
- Significant experience of threat intelligence and threat modelling (using STRIDE, IDDIL/ATC, ATT&CK, Kill Chain or ODNI CTF)
- Proven experience of use case development.
- Comfortable making recommendations around logging and monitoring (sensors).
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organised manner.
- Ability to think like a threat actor.
- Ability to think critically and recognise and mitigate cognitive biases which may affect analysis.
- Ability to apply techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions.
- Knowledge of adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of cyber attackers
- Knowledge of network security architecture, computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of host-based security products and how those products affect exploitation and reduce vulnerability.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (eg, methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of current computer-based intrusion sets.
- Knowledge of attack methods and techniques
- Knowledge of countermeasure design for identified security risks.
- Skill in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- Skill in evaluating the adequacy of security designs.
- Skill in assessing security controls based on cybersecurity principles and tenets.
- Understanding of SIEM tools.
We are Adarma, one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a business formed and run by veteran senior security leaders, we know security and how to deliver real value in the real world. This is why our clients are successful FTSE 350 organisations from all industry sectors.
See us as your true partner in security. We have the experience, proven track record and industry recognition, to provide best-of-breed services for all our clients. Our team are specialists in Threat Management including SOC design, build & operation. And we always tailor our cybersecurity services to your needs.