Data Analyst (Cyber Security)
GBP350 - GBP400 per day
Data Analyst with experience of Cyber Security systems required to join an international energy supplier.
Typically managing Data Sets, usage of PowerBI and Excel and presenting findings via Tableau.
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Advanced analytical knowledge of data
- Perform complex analyses
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Creation of Operational Metrics
- Helping develop reports and analysis
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalisation
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
Data Analyst Requirements:
- Expert Excel Skillsets
- Experience with Service now (SNOW) portal
- Experience with Configuration management database (CMDB)
- Technical understanding of Operating Systems including Windows, Linux, UNIX etc
- Technical Understanding of network appliances
- Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.