Systems Architect (Cyber Security & Middleware)
- Maastricht, Netherlands
- Excellent Salary & Benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Cyber Security, Information Security, Security Architect
- Employer Sector
- Automotive & Aviation, Logistics & Transport, Public Sector, Travel & Hospitality
- Contract Type
EUROCONTROL is looking for an experienced Systems Architect to join their team.
- Grades for publication: AD5-6-7-8
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Determined Contract
- Duration: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/ATM/TS/ASE - Architecture and System Engineering
- Competition closing date: 10/02/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre , the ASE team is responsible for documentation and strategic evolution of the overall MADAP system in terms of specifications and architecture, and assurance of application of architectural design principles in day-to-day system maintenance and implementation and integration of project deliverables.
Your role will be to:
- Plan, research and design security architectures that addresses the requirements in a mission critical environment;
- Propose solutions that balance business requirements with information, safety and cyber security requirements;
- Coordinate activities and collaborate with developers, IT administrators, project managers and other stakeholders to ensure correct design, development and implementation of applications, systems and networks;
- Review security/safety design and identify gaps in existing and proposed architectures, and recommend changes or enhancements;
- Provide reporting, draft/maintain system level documentation in line with system baselines and applicable compliance requirements;
- Analyse change proposals in order to:
- identify the impact, in particular on security and safety
- identify relationships and impact with existing systems
- Perform risk assessments, identify issues and propose remedial actions;
- Provide input and assist in the definition of the MUAC technology strategy, in particular with regards to middleware, service integration, and the IT platform layer;
- Participate to the alignment of the MUAC technology strategy with security frameworks, policies and standards;
- Engage with (senior) system architects to learn and exchange on project status, activities, issues, etc.;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of at least three years (Bachelor’s degree) in a relevant area (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.). A Master’s degree in a relevant area would be considered an advantage.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- In addition to the above, a minimum of 1- year relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the design of secure architectures.
- Understanding of cyber security (vulnerability management, hardening, policies, identity management, etc.).
- Understanding of computer network technologies and communication protocols.
- The following would be an advantage:
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture & middleware to build such architectures; message brokers, containers, API integration, data distribution, etc. Experience or understanding of how to make them secure and reliable.
- Knowledge on modern software development:
- DevOps, microservices, CI/CD
- Modelling techniques and tools
- Concepts of big data and artificial intelligence
- Technical drafting skills (English).
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others
- Strategic focus: Aligns action to strategy
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Quality focus: Sets and fosters high quality standards
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) is required.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Similar searches: None, Contract, Automotive & Aviation, Cyber Security, Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Information Security, Logistics & Transport, Public Sector, Security Architect, Travel & Hospitality