- SS&C Technologies, Inc
- Essex, UK
- Competitive + benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Security, Information Systems Auditor, Security Auditor, IT Audit
- Employer Sector
- Financial Services, Professional Services, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
About the job
Become a key team member within our Audit function, providing hands-on delivery of technology and cyber security audits from start to end across the organisation, in accordance with accepted methodologies and policies, and procedures prescribed by management. Building trusted relationships with key stakeholders and acting as a business partner, whilst promoting a culture of governance, risk management and ethical practices across the organisation. Whilst there is some flexibility on working location, candidates will be required to commute to our Essex offices regularly, when we return to the office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop the scope of audit work, leads/support technical audits
- Gather and analyse information, verify accuracy, ensure compliance and execute tests to identify control gaps and/or improvement opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the audit team in communicating audit observations and develop value added, realistic and achievable audit recommendations.
- Assist in writing/drafting issues for inclusion in the audit report.
- Ensure timely completion of the audit activities within assigned budgets in order to support the department goals and objectives of timely, valuable execution of audit projects.
- Validate completion of audit actions, and work with stakeholders to minimize overdue audit actions
- Where necessary, represent the audit department as a team member on diverse business projects (e.g. fraud investigation, risk assessment, joint compliance reviews, change boards, ISAE/AAF work coordination etc)
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders and act as a business partner
- Report to the Head of Audit/Senior Specialist on progress against the audit plan and assigned budget, and audit action tracking
- Understand business and strategic initiatives and identify audit opportunities
- Support the annual audit planning exercise
- Assist junior members in writing/drafting issues for inclusion in the audit report
- Support in key department projects outside of traditional audit activities
- Promote culture of governance, risk management and ethical practices across the organization
- Support in the internal audit department improvement initiatives/efforts
Skills, knowledge and experience sought include:
- Ability to demonstrate confident knowledge and experience of Information Technology governance and security, analytical/critical thinking skills and basic (IT/IS) technical audit skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Internal Audit practices including IIA Standards and Practice Advisories preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 27000/1 preferred.
- Willingness to travel (within UK) up to 20% of working time (where / when appropriate)
- Superior project and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Consistently demonstrates professional and ethical behaviour
- Experience gained within Financial Services or Technology sector preferred
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 22,000+ employees in over 150 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.