- £125,000 - £150,000 + Benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Security, Head of Cyber Security, Information Security, Chief Information Security Officer
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services, Retail, Wholesale & FMCG, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
A rare and outstanding CISO opening has arisen with a fast growth Tech / FinTech organisation located in London. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader with a proven track record in Information Security either making the first step up into a Chief Information Security Officer position or with prior experience at this level with a background developed in either a Tech or FinTech environment.
- Use your extensive knowledge and expertise to protect the organisation against cyber-attacks, defining and deploying new security strategies, while developing a best in class security team.
- Create security policies that align with business and technology drivers, reflecting the organisation's desired security posture.
- Maintaining overall responsibility for security operations, handling imminent threats, timely reporting and rapid response protocols in case of a breach. All the while minimising business impact.
- Proactively identify security issues and potential threats, ensuring awareness of latest threats, and continuously building processes and design systems to watch for and protect against them.
- Educate the company about security threats and implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Protect data, IP and guard against considering internal and external risk, ensuring that appropriate measures are taken to avoid loss of data.
- Challenge the assessment of risks associated with new products, business initiatives and material project change and ensure adequate 1st line deployment of appropriate controls to mitigate risks.
- Define the risk management framework, maintain risk register, risk treatment plans, regularly reporting to the risk and InfoSec committee
- Ensuring access controls are set to appropriate levels across the various departments liaising with function Heads.
- Guide and drive security initiatives through scheduled, weekly, monthly and quarterly sessions.
- Conducting forensic investigations when breaches occur, understanding and addressing cause, in order to establish preventative measures.
- Gaining the support of Senior Management and building an understanding across the business for how security controls can be utilized to plug gaps in a risk-centric fashion.
- Developing a comprehensive and multifaceted security awareness programme that works within the existing overall culture, as well as recognising the various subcultures and tailoring messages accordingly.
- Previous CISO exposure
- InfoSec SME knowledge and strong technical security foundation
- Broad yet detailed understanding of risk management
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship building
- Ability to prioritise security requirements Worked within NIST framework
- Up to date knowledge of IT Security standards and regulations
- Worked with Third Party vendors
- Exposure to rapid digital transformation environments
Auricoe is working on this opportunity as a retained assignment and initial core values alignment will be conducted at the CV review stage. For further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.
Similar searches: Permanent, None, Cyber Security, Banking & Finance - Retail, Head of Cyber Security, Financial Services, Information Security, Chief Information Security Officer, Retail, Wholesale & FMCG, Technology, ICT & Telecoms