Cyber Security Manager
- Insolvency Service
- Nationwide, UK
- £41,059 - £42,996 minimum + benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Security, Cyber Security Manager, Security Consultant/Specialist, Security Manager
- Employer Sector
- Government & Military, Public Sector
- Contract Type
Cyber Security Manager
£41,059 National Minimum, £42,996 London Minimum.
A Recruitment and Retention supplement of up to £5,150 may be available dependent on the skills and experience of the candidate.
Help us enhance economic confidence with your cyber security know-how
When you join The Insolvency Service, you will put your career on the most exciting path. Tackling financial misconduct and maximising returns to creditors, we play a vital role in bolstering confidence in the economy, and in doing so, we aim to encourage businesses and investors to support economic growth through the commercial risks that they are taking. But more than that, we provide support to those in financial distress, helping businesses and individuals find solutions to multi-layered challenges. Our work is complex and deeply interesting, providing the perfect backdrop for a fulfilling career.
As a valuable addition to the Cyber Security Team, you will help us deliver a forward-thinking security service for our new digital and technology function. Providing high quality security advice and guidance to colleagues across the agency, you will:
- Interpret and oversee our response to security incidents, producing insightful internal reports detailing security information, metrics and measurements.
- Take ownership of proposals, seeing to it that they are complying with our current policies, practices and guidelines.
- Maintain oversight of the IT Security landscape. This will include ensuring compliance and protection of our assets. You will also be the evaluation and escalation point for SIAM suppliers.
- Be responsible for both regular and ad hoc security testing. Using this knowledge, you will identify potential risks and relevant mitigating actions, sharing this knowledge with the Senior Information Risk Owner.
- Be a trusted source of cyber security advice and information for stakeholders across the business.
To be equal to this dynamic challenge, you will be enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative team, in which knowledge and expertise are shared. As such, you will have exceptional communication and influencing skills, and you will always be capable of seeing the bigger picture. Capable of quickly identifying critical issues and making effective decisions, you will enjoy coming up with innovative solutions to problems as they arise.
On a practical level, you will have experience of working in a professional IT services team in a multi-site delivery organisation. With a background in conducting supplier assurance/accreditation activities, you will be well-versed in delivering cyber security across application architecture, and cloud-based systems (such as Azure, AWS and Microsoft 365). You will also understand the technical aspects of IT Security and you will have the confidence to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks in enterprise architecture.
We are an ambitious and inclusive organisation, with a progressive approach to delivering results and ensuring the satisfaction of our workforce. Join us, and you will have access to the most interesting projects, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a competitive benefits package that includes access to the civil service pension scheme. And while it is essential to us that our employees are happy in their work, we also appreciate that you need to find a good work/life balance. We will therefore support you with flexible working patterns, plus 34 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
So do something exceptional with your cyber security expertise, and join an organisation that will give you the freedom to develop your strengths and further your potential.
Closing date: Sunday 7th March 2021.