Technology Audit & Risk Assistant Manager
- United Kingdom
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
Openings UK Wide across our regional offices, including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh and Reading.
We have fantastic opportunities for you to work at a world renowned professional services company. We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships.
The Team – National Markets Consulting
You’ll be part of The Tech Risk team which is an integral part of our rapidly growing National Markets Consulting practice. As a multi-disciplinary practice we deliver a comprehensive range of consulting services that our clients demand.
Our Tech Risk specialists deliver four key proposition to our clients:
- Assurance of technology through Internal Audit.
- Attestation over the use of technology at third parties.
- The use of technology in the External Audit.
- Advice on the management of technology risk.
Our client base is across FS, Insurance, Automotive and Retail to name a few and they need to deal effectively with their operational risks, to achieve maximum value from their technology, data and processes. As one of our Tech Risk specialists you’ll provide independent, jargon-free advice to help them achieve this potential.
You’ll also get the opportunity to work closely with other consulting teams, i.e. cyber security specialists, data, to ensure clients receive the best possible advice.
We work in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
The role is varied & will involve;-
- Delivering value added assurance services to clients
- Fieldwork and managing and supervising small project teams in delivery of assurance assignments.
- Assisting with scoping, internal financial management, managing delivery risk, production and initial review of deliverables.
- Building and managing client relationships across a number of clients.
- Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal development and assisting with client presentations.
Your Qualifications, Experience and Background; -
- Proven experience in a technology risk and control / audit environment within professional services or an internal audit / risk function.
- Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients.
- Capacity to deliver work within tight timescales to a high quality.
- Undergraduate Degree, ideally, in technology, business, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills.
Any of the following would also be of real interest; -
- Experience of business analysis and core business processes
- Experience within the financial services and/or corporates sector(s) and knowledge of systems and processes used within them.
Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly at all levels.
A good understanding of technology platforms.
- Recognised accounting / auditing (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CISA) qualification, or working towards this qualification.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here, so, what are you waiting for?