Data Privacy Manager
- M&G plc
- London, Edinburgh or Stirling
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Security Manager, Data Protection, Information Assurance, Information Security
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Financial Services, Fund Management
- Contract Type
- 0-25% Travel
The role sits within the newly created Privacy function for the global M&G Group (M&G) as part of a high performing multi skilled team to provide M&G subject matter expertise for all aspects of Privacy. The role will be one of a small number of managers who are responsible for the day to day management of the Privacy team . The team delivers on 3 main Capabilities: Governance and Oversight, Assurance, and Advisory, providing practical and commercial advice, support and guidance to M&G on operational activities including client propositions and product design, jurisdictional and third party oversight and assurance. All members of the Privacy team are expected to pick up various tasks from each of the main Capabilities and escalate risks and issues to senior management as appropriate to facilitate compliance with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, and help embed data privacy into the fabric of the organisation. The team also acts as the first point of contact for all privacy related queries subject to the requirements of the M&G Data Protection Officer (DPO). The role will foster a data protection culture within M&G, keeping privacy front of mind and helping to implement data protection laws. The role will adopt a Privacy by Design approach and methodology
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G PLC's operational risk.
- To cooperate and assist DPO in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
- Respond to queries and provide appropriate advice to M&G on all aspects of data privacy.
- Escalate and seek the advice of the DPO as required.
- To provide subject matter expertise (SME) for substantive privacy related queries in particular complex consulting and high risk activities,
- To act as an SME for high risk projects and transformational activities
- To manage a small team of data privacy professionals demonstrating enthusiasm about developing others.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Expert in national and European data protection and privacy practices.
- Awareness of the global data protection landscape.
- Awareness of the requirements of forthcoming data protection legislation and regulatory changes.
- Demonstrated ability to find practical, pragmatic and creative solutions to compliance issues.
- Demonstrated experience in providing SME input into cross functional projects and programmes.
- Good working knowledge of privacy risk assessment models and methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of Information Security governance, controls and standards.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of programme/project risk management."
- Experience of management of people.
- Data Protection, or legal related qualification demonstrating significant application of data protection laws and rules.
- Recent experience of hands-on implementation of data protection or privacy programmes.
Work Level: Manager/Expert
Closing Date: 28/02/2021
Recruiter: Tom Hunt