Data Protection Consultant
- Phoenix Group
- Circa £50,000 + bonus + benefits
- Job Type
- Data Protection, GDPR, Information Assurance, IT Compliance
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Financial Services, Fund Management, Insurance
- Contract Type
- Data Protection Consultant
- Circa £50,000 depending on experience, on target bonus 16% up to 32% + range of excellent, flexible benefits
As one of the UK’s Top Employers we’ve brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that’s where you come in.
We’re currently recruiting for a Data Protection Consultant to join our Data Protection team to provide advice, independent opinion and assurance and promote informed decision making and controlled risk-taking that improves customer outcomes and delivers long term value for shareholders. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company in the financial sector.
We aspire to be a high performing, engaged, inclusive and diverse Data Protection team, working together in a collegiate and supportive working environment. Acting with integrity and empowered to challenge and take ownership of our actions. Making a real difference to customers and employees by delivering on the trust that their data will be used ethically and securely.
- Be a point of contact for all areas of the Group for the provision of advice relating to compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, UK GDPR & EU General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and all associated legislation and guidance.
- Devise, implement and maintain the data protection policies, guidelines, training and associated materials for the Group to identify, manage, monitor and report on the regulatory data protection risks that the Group is exposed to.
- Produce relevant Data Protection MI and communicate the risk position through relevant risk governance reporting.
- Promote data protection compliance within the organisation through building effective two way relationships across the Group, understanding business needs and supporting the embedding of a strong DP culture.
- Actively manage the oversight and assurance of, and build closer working relationships with, strategic and critical suppliers.
- Develop, undertake and report line 2 oversight assurance activity in a timely manner.
- Manage data protection incidents including the regulatory notifiable events, liaising with the regulator as appropriate and ensuring that the business takes a risk-based and compliant approach to remediation.
- Oversee the response to subject access requests, data protection complaints, queries and privacy impact assessments to ensure they are managed effectively across the Group.
- Oversee the Group’s response to key pieces of data protection legislation or the moving regulatory and threat landscape and co-ordinate and communicate the response, as required.
What We’re Looking For
- Proven in-depth Data Protection experience & detailed knowledge of Data Protection Act 2018, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and General Data Protection Regulation and all associated legislation and guidance.
- Experience in national, international and European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Proactive, flexible with lateral thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Strong team player with a collaborative approach
- Legal qualification or Data Protection qualification, ISEB qualification in data protection or CIPP/E or equivalent.
What We Offer
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’re a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It’s our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people’s stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us.
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Closing date: Wednesday 7th April 2021.