Cloud Security Architect
- London, Reading, Newcastle & Manchester
- Job Type
- Cyber Security, Information Security, Security Architect, Security Consultant/Specialist
- Employer Sector
- Education, Training & Recruitment, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
We need a passionate and curious Security Architect to ensure that we continue to grow our capability in how we design, build and operate our SaaS products and to make sure that security is baked in at every step. You can be based in any of our UK offices (London, Manchester, Newcastle, Reading) and will be part of our team there, but you will also collaborate with colleagues around the world to lead and accelerate our security journey. We can offer a great environment and we are fully committed to flexible working patterns and a range of flexible benefits.
Every day, Sage customers entrust us with their precious business data. As we accelerate the global expansion of our cloud products, it becomes more and more vital that we do the right things to justify our customers’ trust in us by surrounding our products with world class information security. As part of our Information Security organisation, you will be part of a team with global reach and a great reputation, that works tirelessly to keep our customers’ data safe and secure. We champion the security of our customers’ data across the entire product lifecycle, from development to launch and throughout the operational life of the product.
We know that people don’t fit neatly into boxes. We value flexibility and understand the value that diversity and diverse points of view can bring. So, if any of these sound like you we would love to hear from you:
- You think outside the box and have a track record of finding new ways of working and novel ways to think about problems, embracing everything that the most modern public cloud platforms have to offer.
- You love to evaluate ideas with software architects, developers and designers using threat modelling or similar techniques to build defence in depth and make sure our systems are secure by design.
- You can see the big picture and understand the changing technology and threat landscape. You can translate this into security strategies and have the communication skills to bring people with you.
- You have seen the power and agility that a DevOps approach can bring and understand what it takes to bring DevOps and security together to build secure software, faster.
We put equal value on influencing and communication skills and the way you work with people. We will need you to operate in a collaborative, pragmatic and agile way to help us build a strong security culture across our business. We are not your stereotypical “preventers of information services”. A big part of your role will be mentoring and coaching individuals and teams to help them build security in from the ground up and we value team players.
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.