Head Of Data Protection
- Lutine Bell
- Mostly homeworking with travel to Bournemouth 2 da
- Up to £130,000pa + bonus + benefits
- Job Type
- Data Protection, GDPR, Information Security, IT Compliance
- Employer Sector
- Financial Services, Insurance
- Contract Type
As an expert in Data Protection, you'll ensure the DPO is involved in a timely manner in all data protection matters which will require notification to the data protection authorities. You'll have relevant expertise of developing & implementing data privacy compliant frameworks, systems and strategies. You're experienced and confident in collaborating and communicating with various business stakeholders and providing regular updates and information to the DPO, including monthly reporting of data rights requests, data protection complaints and personal data incidents.
We're seeking a proactive expert who'll monitor legal and regulatory developments in all relevant areas and liaise with Legal to ensure contracts with clients and third parties protect our GI's commercial and legal position in relation to data protection requirements.
Your industry background will ideally include finance or insurance sector; however, this is not necessary. When it comes to your qualifications, we're seeking someone who's CIPP/E certified (or working towards) and can act as SME in GDPR/UK GDPR, PECR & Data Protection Act. Ideally, you'll also be ISO27001 & 9001; BS 10012 certified.
Other role responsibilities include but won't be limited to
- Ensuring that requests from data subjects are dealt with promptly and in compliance with current privacy law.
- Providing data protection advice, guidance and training for projects and programmes within the business' GI, including for example new products and propositions and outsourcing.
- Maintaining the data protection and information security awareness training programme, delivering other ad-hoc awareness and in-depth training as necessary.
- Supporting relevant audits and reviews of data protection compliance and information security across the business' GI and action any findings.
- Investigating track patterns in data protection related complaints by giving expert advice and guidance.
- Drafting and update internal procedures in line with the Privacy Standard and current legislative requirements
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening here. Having recently merged with another business, we're proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That's why we've made it our mission to become Britain's best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
About the Rewards
This role is a Band C in the business' Structure.
We'll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities - many of our employee's job share or work part-time, flexi-time, compressed hours or with an element of remote working.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which the business will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
We are an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture, however, we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minority backgrounds, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
Cybersecurity Product Manager
Cambridge Quantum Computing
Senior Solutions Architect Cybersecurity
Cambridge Quantum Computing
Cyber Vulnerability Analyst
Senior IT Forensics & Cyber Security Specialist
Information Security Specialist - GRC
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company