Junior Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Jobs
- 17000.00 - 23000.00 GBP Annual
- Job Type
- Cyber Security, Cyber Security Analyst
- Employer Sector
- Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
The role of the Junior Cyber Security Analyst is a first line role. Working as part of a team in a Security Operations Center (SOC). The primary role is to work on helpdesk tickets for our Managed Security Services (MSS) department.
The position is dual-rolled, combining a Cyber Security Analyst and a Network Security Engineer at a junior level. This role will build a foundation across all aspects of MSS technologies, allowing for the candidate to choose their career path within VirtualArmour.
The Cyber Security Analyst's role is to help protect our customer networks against cybersecurity threats such as hackers, Cyber-terrorists and malware that can steal or corrupt sensitive customer data. This is accomplished by monitoring and analysing customer networks, servers, databases and end-point equipment for key indicators of compromise. Once a possible threat is detected the analyst must investigate, respond to and report to our customers with any recommended remediation.
The Network Security engineer role is to monitor, maintain and configure customer networks and security devices such a switches, routers, firewalls and virtual private networks (VPNs).
Junior Cyber Security Analyst will be provided with on the job training along with an individual access to industry leading video training platform in Cyber Security.
- Monitor the MSS helpdesk and react to new and existing tickets at a 1st line/Tier 1 level.
- Tackle all MSS tickets regardless of the technology stream the ticket focuses on.
- Respond to Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) platform alerts by investigating and analysing potential security breaches and cyber security incidents.
- Investigate monitoring alerts for network devices such as an interface up/down, and alerting the customer appropriately.
- Monitor customer environments for security/network issues.
- Manage, monitor and alert customer equipment.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document and research security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with customers security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Help remediate detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Become current on IT security trends and news.
- Adhere to company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Escalate tickets to more experienced engineers or 2nd Line team where appropriate.
- A desire to work in either Cyber security or Network security fields
- 1+ Year experience in industry is desired
- Have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of IP technologies or Cyber Security
- Desired experience in SIEM platforms - such as Splunk, QRadar or AlienVault etc
- Desired experience in routing switching and firewalls - such as Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto or Fortinet.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent level of experience within IT.
- Indistry specific certifications, such as CompTIA Network+, Security+, CySec+ etc.
- Candidates with vendor specific qualifications are preferred, such as CCNA, JNCIA, PCNSE, etc.