- Bristol or Edinburgh
- Around £50,000 + benefits
- Job Type
- Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Cyber Security Analyst, Security Analyst, Vulnerability Assessor
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
We give you a world of potential
Are you passionate about Information Security and are looking to work in an organisation that gives you the ability to support the vulnerability management of a global estate? Are you looking for a role that supports flexibility within the working day? We could have just the role for you.
Computershare are currently recruiting for a talented individual to join our Cyber Assurance team as a Cyber Vulnerability Analyst.
Our Cyber Assurance team are a small team based across our UK sites and sit within the wider InfoSec department. The team are responsible for assessing our global systems for vulnerabilities, determining our priorities, and working closely with our wider technical teams to remediate issues.
If you come from a technical background, and have hands-on experience in vulnerability assessment/management, then we definitely want to hear from you. This team has recently deployed new technologies to further improve visibility, as well as support remediation and are currently busy with a program of further improvements for which you will have the opportunity to help shape. We are working with a new centralised team in our technology business who have been set up to continue to focus on building out our capability and ensuring that this is a priority for Computershare.
Want to learn? We've got you covered. We are big on employee progression, so we ensure that you're given the training and tools that you need to excel in your career.
Want to help with the ongoing evolution of Cyber Vulnerability Management? Great, we're looking for somebody who will bring new ideas and help to continually improve our ways of working.
A role you will love
So, now you know a little more about the team, lets talk about the role you'll be doing.
You, along with your teammates, will be responsible for conducting and co-ordinating technical vulnerability assessments across our IT infrastructure, applications, and services. You will provide recommendations towards the development of appropriate remediation plans and deliver clear reports detailing the organisation's level of security assurance against internal compliance and external threat measures.
You will also work to analyse, assess, and report on vulnerability and configuration assessments across a complex, global operating model. This means that you will get to work closely with the wider departments to ensure that they are aware of what changes need to be made, and how we are performing overall as a business.
Some other key responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain the set of unified key performance and risk indicators aligned to stakeholder requirements.
- Schedule, co-ordinate and manage the engagement process (with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors) for infrastructure and application security testing.
- Promote and develop vulnerability assurance initiatives across all regions and work to improve existing security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material and supporting assets
- Work with the Security Governance teams on the iterative security configuration tests against the technical baseline security standards.
What will you bring to the role?
As you'll know, working in an Information Security environment requires great attention to detail. We need you to be diligent in your approach with the ability to think quickly and act if the need arises.
Building relationships is key in this role. You will be working with people across the globe who are both technical, and non-technical so the ability to talk about technical issues to people who don't see that side of it is key.
As we've explained, this role will be working with our wider technology department, so if you have a background in technology and have moved into the InfoSec space, that's a bonus!
Some other key skills that you'll have:
- Experience working on enterprise systems, network, and application architectures (including Microsoft and RHL)
- Working knowledge of end to end vulnerability management workflows (CVE, CPE, CVSS)
- Hands-on experience performing vulnerability scans using third-party tools e.g. Nessus, Tenable, Nexpose, Qualys, Veracode and IBM AppScan
- Possess, or working towards, professional or industry security/IT certifications, such as, CEH, MCSA, CISSP, SANS, and have an understanding of the security principles outlined in OWASP, CIS, NIST and ISO27000.
If this sounds like the role that you've been looking for, be sure to apply today!
A company to be proud of
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 12,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 25,000 clients. At Computershare, it's more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotential
Rewards designed for you
- Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you'll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
- Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
- Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
- Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
- Employee Discounts. We've partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
- Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
- Compensation. Around £50,000
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please let us know during the application process.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We've kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.
In most circumstances we are currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
Similar searches: Permanent, Banking & Finance - Investment, Cyber Security Analyst, Business & Management Consultancy, Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Financial Services, Security Analyst, Technology, ICT & Telecoms, Vulnerability Assessor
Cybersecurity Product Manager
Cambridge Quantum Computing
Senior Solutions Architect Cybersecurity
Cambridge Quantum Computing
Senior IT Forensics & Cyber Security Specialist
Information Security Specialist - GRC
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company
Cyber Security Engineer