IT Audit Manager
- Reading, Berkshire
- £60,000-75,000+car allowance+bonus+benefits
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Retail, Consumer Goods & Services
- Contract Type
Our client, an award-winning financial services organisation experiencing exciting growth and change, seeks a high calibre IT Audit Manager to strengthen its corporate audit team.
IT Audit Managers working in Group Internal Audit are part of the independent team making the impartial, professional decisions and constructive recommendations that enables effective risk management, control and governance. The organisation’s objective assurance goes beyond overseeing structures, policies and processes to promote and support efficiency and continuous improvement. It’s a business-critical area that offers lots of scope for career-building experience.
As the business continues to grow rapidly, undergo dynamic change and develop its IT capabilities, you’ll support the management team to ensure the governance and internal control environment keeps pace. That includes carrying out the annual risk assessment, formulating the annual IT plan and managing end-to-end delivery of projects. It’s a key role that will see you get to know the business, ensure the IT audit strategy accounts for new and emerging risks, and develop strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
Applicants should be professionally qualified and ideally with a good track record in auditing IT functions, whether internally or externally. You’ll also have in-depth knowledge of IT risks and audit methodologies, including data analytics capability. Just as important is a proactive approach, lots of initiative, strong analytical and presentation skills, and the ability to build strong working relationship at all levels and across the business.
Due to the nature of the role, occasional travel may be required however this should not exceed 10%.
Skills / Experience:
- Solid IT audit experience - either in practice or internal audit
- Ideally qualified Information Systems Auditor - CISA or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of IT risks and audit methodologies
- Experience of auditing in financial services/banking would be beneficial
- Self-motivated and proactive in approach; able to act independently and on own initiative
- Excellent analytical, influencing, presentation and relationship building skills