Senior Audit Manager - Data Analytics Lead
- Hays Senior Finance UK
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail
- Contract Type
Financial Services | Senior Audit Manager, Data Analytics Lead | £60,000 - £75,000 + benefits, pension & bonus
Your new company
A financial services organisation based in Edinburgh is seeking to add head count within the Internal Audit - Data Analytics function as a result of a period of continued growth.
Your new role
As a Senior Audit Manager - Data Analytics Lead you will be responsible in assisting the organisation deliver on its strategic objectives. You will possess a deep understanding of business strategy, controls and risks to provide reliable and independent assurance on the effectiveness of the control framework by the use of Data Analytics. Your role as the Data Analytics Lead within the Internal Audit function is to act as a relationship manager and specialist to deliver the data analytics and potentially a team in the future.
Your role is as much about building relationships with key stakeholders as it is leading, as the internal audit management team will rely on you to provide advice and guidance on the value add that data analytics can provide to the overall function. You'll manage relationships across the audit function by working closely with the data analytics SMEs. You will be involved in project work on an ad hoc basis, so be prepared to roll you sleeves up and get involved!
Whilst there is no direct line management, you will be expected to support and mentor the junior team members across the wider internal audit team as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven ability in defining and building a Data Analytics approach and team at a large Financial Services institution
- Experienced in using data as the vehicle to increase breadth and depth of coverage, efficiency and the targeting of adverse trends during audits
- Able to demonstrate underpinning the audit universe with data that allows internal audit to spot trends and target resource in the highest areas of risk
- Developed the capability to continuously monitor key controls and undertake regular, repetitive data analysis of organisational activities
- Engages with external advisors and sources to develop and keep abreast of Data Analytics and industry best practices
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join an organisation that is going through a really exciting period of growth and assist to shape the overall strategic objective. You will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits package and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.