Risk Manager (IT & Finance) - Utilities Company
Based in Reading, you will be part of a company that truly values it's employees. You will work as an Operational IT Risk Manager working across finance, systems and operations for the UK's largest water provider.
Our client is a well-known and highly respected utilities company. They have an annual turnover of around £2 billion, 15 million customers and over 5,000 employees. As an organisation they have a huge reach and presence providing 2.6 billion litres of drinking water, on average, each day to nine million people!
Based in Reading, you will be part of a company that truly values it's employees, while also striving for excellence in all they do. They have won awards for it's equal opportunity and diversity employment and are members of Stonewall, reflecting their interest to really invest in their employee's.
- Develop and secure sign-off for operational risk policy, which will be reviewed at regular intervals.
Plan, design and implement an operational risk management process for the IT department - service delivery function.
- Plan, design and implement a set of metrics that will provide assurance for the effective running of the operational risk management process.
- Design and implement a risk governance and reporting structure that allows stakeholders both within and external to understand the most significant risks
- Support development of control activities such as business continuity plans to reduce the likelihood or impact of risks occurring.
- Plan, design and implement an audit programme against the operational risk policy, risk management process outcomes and compliance to specified Service Delivery standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Identify and conduct thematic risk reviews to provide an independent view on risk profile to the Service Delivery leadership team.
- Support and where agreed co-ordinate - service delivery responses to external or internal audit initiatives, e.g. annual IT external audit, including the closure of any audit actions.
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness and an understanding of personal accountability/involvement with the risk process and compliance with policy and other standards.
- Have a certification in Risk e.g. Management of Risk (MoR), Institute of Risk Management, (IRM) ISACA CRISC with expert level in ITSM - ITIL Foundation as a minimum.
- Alternatively, hold an auditing qualification ie ACA or IIA.
- Have a significant amount of experience in an IT management experience within an large IS department.
- Experience of risk management within an IT operational environment and experience working with enterprise risk management standards (ISO31000, COSO ERM).
- Have experience in Risk Management, Service Management, Operational support environment, and proficient in corporate industry and professional standards.
Be a strategic thinker, self-motivated with attention to detail and the ability to deliver under pressure
- The role requires strong leadership and management skills.
- Experience of working within a matrix organisation with a significant level of outsourced/ off-shore suppliers.
- A competitive salary.
- The opportunity to manage and lead a team.
- The chance to be part of the strengthening of a new It Operations Team Structure
- The chance to be part of a creative new team.
- You will have exposure to the company and be able to make a real difference to the way it is being run.
- +many other benefits, with the potential of bonus, car allowance and flexible working.