Data Governance Lead
- GA Global
- £70,000 - £80,000 + benefits
- Employer Sector
- Consumer Goods & Services, Engineering & Electronics, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy
- Contract Type
An established and highly prestigious organisation based in North London require a Data Governance Lead to develop a robust data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices. The organisation are a sophisticated market leader within their specialist area and require an individual to play a key role in programme delivery and will include working closely with multiple teams to define the data governance strategy and implementation plan.
This position will provide you with exceptional experience, endless opportunities for career growth, within a dynamic, fast paced and culturally diverse organisation.
The Data Governance Lead must have good knowledge of GDPR but may come from a background in Data Management / Data Quality Management, Information Security, Business Intelligence etc, with a genuine interest and strong knowledge of the importance of a robust Data Governance strategy.
- Create a data governance strategy that defines management policies and processes for data assets from capture at source through to ultimate disposal. Referencing existing processes for data security, access, storage, classification and retention.
- Lead transformation of the data strategy supporting the Data Governance Framework
- Recognise areas where existing practices require change or where new ones need to be developed.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the principal information assets.
- Provide guidance and consultation to enable the Governance group to create a Business Data Dictionary of accepted data definitions for all shared data, developing common practices for consistent definitions of data terms, business rules and taxonomies.
- Work with governance group and Tech team to implement data cleansing plans and participate in the root cause analysis of data quality issues.
- Craft service level agreements for all staff to underpin governance practices and expectations and ensure data is collected, stored, shared and reported accurately.
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of data governance practices, business process, data or information management, data flows, data relationships, data quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience of creating data governance policies and procedures.
- Operational experience working on a large data base with multiple data sources including transactional and reference sources.
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to gain cross-departmental consensus.
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Experience of developing data governance within CRM systems
- Understanding of Agile development methodology.
This challenging, all encompassing, Data Governance Lead position offers excellent exposure to GDPR and all areas of data governance across the organisation.
If you possess the key skills and experience and are looking to develop and progress your data governance and data privacy career with an industry leading organisation based in Hertfordshire, please do apply with your CV details.
Head of Confidentiality and Information Security
Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
Audit Manager - Technology & Security
Technology Risk Consultant
FPSG Professional Recruitment
IT Audit Manager
FPSG Professional Recruitment
IT Audit Manager - 12 month FTC - Edinburgh