Senior IT Internal Auditor
- The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company have been mandated on an exciting role for global a Financial Services Technology company based in Kings Cross London. Due to a recent promotion in the team there is now a position available as a Senior IT Internal Auditor who will report directly to the Head of IT Audit. This is a technology driven business hence the IT audit function is an integral part of the wider business especially with the new and innovative projects it will be undertaking soon.
This will be a hands-on role that will allow the future candidate to fully engage with the company’s global IT and Digital environment, including technology centric business transformation programs. It will require a degree of confidence to work autonomously and within a wider team to support the Head of IT when required to do so. The Senior IT Internal Auditor will have exposure to key senior IT stakeholders within the business when carrying out standard COBIT based IT assurance audits, as well as other high profile transformational project and programme assurance reviews. The travel aspect of the role will include places such as Russia, India and Brazil averaging 30% a year.
Leading audits from start to finish and taking full ownership of the planning, implementation and written audit reports.
Co-ordinate and liaison with co-sourced external auditors to assist with internal audit process.
Identify process improvement and automation opportunities, cost savings, controls optimizations, and other value-added recommendations through active engagement in departmental projects and other initiatives.
- First Class Degree
- 3+ years of IT audit experience gained in a multinational organisation environment, or a Big 4 audit firm.
- Working knowledge of industry best practice and standards such as COBIT, ITIL, ISO 20000 and ISO 27000 series.
- Good understanding of one or more ERP applications, network technology and one or more operating systems or databases.
- Experience with reporting audit findings to different levels of management.
- CISA (or an equivalent) certification or a desire to become certified.
- Strong communication skills to manage stakeholders and the audit.
- Able to produce quality audit papers that can challenge and provide constructive recommendations.
- A vision to see the bigger picture and scope of the project whilst also drilling down on the minute details.
- PRINCE2, MSP
- Fluency in two languages
- Operational IT experience
- Experience carrying out audits from start to finish.
- Internal Audit experience
- Experience carrying out assurance reviews of IT- enabled business transformation programs
Head of Confidentiality and Information Security
Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
Audit Manager - Technology & Security
Technology Risk Consultant
FPSG Professional Recruitment
IT Audit Manager
FPSG Professional Recruitment
IT Audit Manager - 12 month FTC - Edinburgh