Senior Audit Manager - Model Risk
- Hays Senior Finance UK
- £50000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
Financial Services Organisation | Senior Audit Manager, Model Risk | £50,000- £75,000 plus benefits and bonus
Your new company
A leading financial services organisation based in the heart of Edinburgh is seeking to add head count in its internal audit - model risk function as a result of a period of sustained growth and transformation.
Your new role
As an Senior Internal Audit Manager, Model Risk you will be accountable for delivering strong independent assurance and opinion on a complex portfolio of Credit Risk Model Assurance Audits. You will provide SME opinion and input for the development of methodology and standards to audit Credit Model Risk aligned with ECB requirements and the banks 3 lines of defence model.
You will be responsible for leading, managing and supporting model risk audits to identify the key risks in terms of scale, scope, cross-divisional impact and technical specialism to provide reliable, independent assurance and agree value adding management actions with the business, enhancing the control framework.
What you'll need to succeed
- A master degree or higher in a quantitative subject or evidence of a very solid understanding of general modelling principles
- Experience and ability in a number of technical areas, including credit risk modelling, Basel internal rating system development, Financial Crime Compliance models, Operational Risk modelling and financial mathematics
- At least 2 years of work experience in financial services, with deep knowledge or one or more businesses and products in which models are developed or applied
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary with excellent benefits package and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.