Senior IT Auditor
Exciting opportunity to join a leading FS organisation as a Senior IT Auditor in Edinburgh's City Centre
Your new company
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading financial services organisation as a Senior IT Internal Auditor, based in Edinburgh's City Centre going through a period of growth. You will provide independent assessment of the adequacy of internal systems and controls, including the risk management and compliance systems. The team reports to the Audit Committee and delivers an annual audit plan comprising a routine testing program and a series of themed reviews covering all areas of the business.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the internal audit manager, the purpose of this role is to assist the team in overall delivery of the audit plan through delivery of a variety of themed reviews including but not limited to IT, and assistance with departmental increased usage of data analytics. As the Internal Audit team is expanding there is a requirement for an IT Senior Internal Auditor to join the team focusing on audits of the Information systems, governance and controls. This role includes the development and usage of data analytics and associated tools within our audits.
- Plan, scope, perform and report on selected IT and operational audits, focusing on appropriate risks
- Conduct and document audit tests, adhering to the Internal Audit department's minimum standards.
- Perform audit procedures making effective use of systems, software tools and interview techniques, specifically assisting other team members to analyse data effectively and report its outputs.
- Ensure actions arising from agreed audit findings are logged and monitored until implemented. Escalate overdue actions to management.
What you'll need to succeed
- You should hold an appropriate accounting (CA or equivalent), IT (CISA) or Internal Audit (IIA) qualification.
- Experience extracting and analyzing data from a variety of systems.
- Audit experience with ITGC's and systems.
- Experience of working in financial services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Proactive and flexible approach to work; collaborative team player with ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills with experience of working with systems
What you'll get in return
An outstanding opportunity to work in a leading financial services organisation going through a large period of expansion. You will also receive a highly competitive salary with excellent benefits and bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Security Architect - (SIEM, Cyber, Risk Managemen…
Cyber Security Architect - Manager (Cloud, SABSA,…
Lead Security Architect (Public Sector/TOGAF/HMG/…
Senior Security Architect (TOGAF, Information Sec…
Controls Senior Manager - Big 4
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company