Senior IT Internal Auditor
Internal Auditor Senior IT - up to £60k plus generous benefits - Financial Services - Bristol
Your new company
This global company based in Bristol operating in the Financial Services Industry is recruiting for a Senior IT Internal Auditor with strong technical knowledge which can be applied across the business. A specific expertise is not required, however the candidate will need to demonstrate that they can apply audit theory across different specialism within the business.
Your new role
- You will be responsible for the end to end planning, testing and reporting of the audits
- You will work with key IT and business influencers to develop the scope of each audit to focus on appropriate risks for each part of the business.
- You will provide assurance over the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the internal IT control environment and risk management framework.
- You will be responsible for identifying risks associated with established and emerging technologies.
- Not restricted to IT audit alone, you will be required to be IT specialist when Business audits are executed.
- Reporting into the Audit Manager with your findings and recommendations, track and resolve issues through to completion while dealing with internal stakeholders along the way.
- Work with management to monitor the implementation of action plans and provide updates to the Audit & Compliance Committee and other stakeholders.
- You will be developing relationships with key stakeholders is essential to ensure that you are aware of key risks and to enable the appropriate audit response to be developed - this may include modifying the annual audit plan, conducting ad-hoc audits, or developing future audit plans.
- To compliment your technical IT knowledge you will also require a strong understanding of the broader business environment and the challenges faced by your key stakeholders in their roles.
- Comprise of up to 40% travel.
What you'll need to succeed
Excellent analytic and verbal skills are essential, with the ability to convey technical views in a language understandable to all stakeholders. You will have good problem solving skills and be innovative in your thinking to understand and apply sound risk and control principles to both established and emerging technologies.
What you'll get in return
A salary of up to £60,000 with a performance based bonus. Soft benefits such as healthcare insurance, 28 days holiday (with the ability to buy up to 5 more days). Flexible working can be negotiated.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.