- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- Data Analytics
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel, 25-50% Travel
Our Technology Risk Assurance (TRA) Data Analytics team in Birmingham is at an exciting stage of growth. We are looking to recruit a Data Analyst into our Birmingham office. The role is particularly suited towards someone with a minimum of 2 years of data experience from either the professional services or industry, with deep data analytical knowledge to help provide a wide variety of analytical solutions across a diverse range of clients and industries.
We are looking for an individual that has great problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and an agile outlook, whom can apply analytical techniques to varied scopes and datasets across a range of different Audit and Non-Audit engagements.
You will be joining a Birmingham-based team and report into our local Data & Analytics Manager/Director. The role is a technical role primarily focused on the collection, transformation, analysis and visual reporting of data. An understanding of analytical scripting is a high priority. In your team management role, you will be responsible for coordinating our delivery team on client facing engagements, delivering high quality work.
Our wider national team based on London and Manchester are also growing and you will have the opportunity to work with experienced data specialists in an environment that supports and encourages personal development of soft and technical skills. We work closely with our wider TRA team of technology specialists, as well as other BDO teams within Advisory, Tax and Audit.
- Transform client data and create analytical data scripts.
- Identify and apply relevant data quality and control checks across all our analytical procedures.
- Work effectively with external clients to arrange the secure transfer and collection of data.
- Produce results in an engaging and visual way for stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate our approach and results to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in written reports.
- Document work performed that would enable a knowledgeable independent reviewer to re-perform our work.
- Some Knowledge or awareness of business process transaction cycles (eg. Procure to Payables, Order to Cash, Forecast to Fulfil) and core financial data (eg Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Inventory, Staff Expenses, General Ledger)
- Experience in data matching, data profiling and data transformation
- Experience in some (not necessarily all) of the following: business process analysis; financial control analysis; forensic investigation; revenue, cost and margin analysis; customer segmentation; sensitivity analysis; ERP analytics.
- Experience using SQL suite of software including the ETL process
- Confident communicator and self-motivating.
- Tenacious problem solving ability.
- Familiarity with the concepts of a financial audit and IT and business control environments
- Experience with data visualisation software (PowerBI or QlikView preferred)
- MS SQL Server Database Administration, SSIS, SSAS
- Enterprise level infrastructure exposure
- Knowledge of database schema design and implementation
- Flexible workplace arrangements including occasional working from home
- Travel and collaborative opportunities across the UK
- Part of a fast growing and dynamic team which is a key strategic investment for BDO UK
- Opportunities to operate both internally (business development) and externally (client facing delivery)
- A fantastic opportunity to have pivotal input into initiatives and direction
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Security Architect - (SIEM, Cyber, Risk Managemen…
Cyber Security Architect - Manager (Cloud, SABSA,…
Lead Security Architect (Public Sector/TOGAF/HMG/…
Senior Security Architect (TOGAF, Information Sec…
Controls Senior Manager - Big 4
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company