- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- Data Analytics
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- None, 0-25% Travel
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
Under the auspices of our firm wide strategy and determination to lead our chosen markets with digital innovation, we are continuing to invest substantially in our data analytics proposition and innovating the way in which data is used to perform and support the delivery of professional services. We have already built a number of solutions on both the Qlikview platform called BDO Advantage and the PowerBI platform called BDO Merlin. However, due to the overwhelming success of these solutions, there is a clear need to expand the existing team by bringing in deeper specialists to meet the increasing needs and expectations of the business.
You will be joining a team of experienced data specialists, each with their own niche of expertise and therefore you will have a significant opportunity to influence the direction of a significant strategic initiative and bring new ideas into fruition. Equally, you will be in an environment that will enable you to expand your current knowledge and skills in this specialist and unique area and flourish within our culture.
The Data Analytics User Interface Developer role is a technical role and knowledge of Qlikview is essential. In addition, knowledge of PowerBI and web publishing technologies will certainly be advantageous, equally, so will familiarity with financial accounting systems and common database platforms. The role will involve the direct supervision of one individual who has been in post for just under a year and substantially reduce our reliance on external consultants.
- To work with others and contribute to the enhancement of existing Qlikview analysers in the areas of Core Financials, Revenue/Debtors, Purchases/Creditors, Payroll.
- To work with others and contribute to the enhancement and standardisation of existing PowerBI analysers in the areas of
- To liaise with international colleagues and work to obtain cooperation and convergence on the development of analysers meeting common goals
- Create prototypes of various data visualisation options to help users understand ‘the art of the possible’.
- Assist in the facilitation of workshops to obtain ideas and requirements from the user community
- To assess the feasibility of requirements arising from workshops and audit teams and then input into the potential functionality for a new Analysers.
- Working with other specialists, assist in the preparation of an Analyser design document that details how data should be graphically presented.
- Lead the development of Analysers to turn the vision and design into an operational solution
- Development test plans and lead the resolution of issues arising out of testing.
- Assist in the preparation of guidance and training material that will be deployed to the users.
- Respond to improvement recommendations following a defined change management process.
- Lead the development of ad-hoc Analysers and customisations for specific requirements.
- Essential – proven in depth application and knowledge of developing Qlikview solutions.
- Very desirable – proven in depth application and knowledge of developing PowerBI solutions.
- Desirable – demonstrated application and knowledge of AI algorithms and applications
- Advantageous – knowledge and understanding of common financial systems and databases
- Advantageous - knowledge and understanding of financial systems data extraction processes
- Advantageous – knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and transaction cycles
- Experience of working in similar roles either in non-professional services industry or large professional services firms.
- Analytical and innovative mind set
- An enthusiasm for data and how it may be analysed and interpreted.
- Confident communicator and willing to work on own initiative.
- Tenacious problem solving ability
- Flexible workplace arrangements including occasional working from home
- Travel and collaborative opportunities across the UK and Internationally
- Part of a fast growing and dynamic team which is a key strategic investment for BDO
- A fantastic opportunity to have pivotal input into initiatives and direction where every voice matters
- Clear accountability and recognition with the ability to work alongside stakeholders continuously
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Security Architect - (SIEM, Cyber, Risk Managemen…
Cyber Security Architect - Manager (Cloud, SABSA,…
Lead Security Architect (Public Sector/TOGAF/HMG/…
Senior Security Architect (TOGAF, Information Sec…
Controls Senior Manager - Big 4
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company