Audit Manager (IT)
- Direct Line Group
- Greater London
- Job Type
- Cyber Security Manager
- Employer Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We're proud to be one of Britain's leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well known brands -Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can't do this without our brilliant people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that's how we can achieve amazing things - for our customers and for each other.
What we are looking for
An IT Audit Manager to join Direct Line Group within Group Audit (GA) based at our head office in Bromley on a permanent basis.
The focus will be on IT risk management, IT controls testing and IT project assurance. Taking the lead on audits and be able to engage with senior figures across the business whilst thinking strategically.
Who you'll be working with
This is a key role that will provide support to the Audit Partner (AP) responsible for IT Audit & Change in a growing team to deliver independent, objective and timely IT assurance to Senior Management and the Board.
What you'll be doing
- You will take a lead role in delivery of IT audit assignments covering a range of Technology areas ensuring the provision of assurance in relation to the adequacy, effectiveness and sustainability of key risk management, control and governance processes.
- Support the AP in delivering a reliable periodic opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and sustainability of key risk management, control and governance processes and ensuring the rationale for the GA assessment is communicated clearly to Senior Management.
- Take responsibility for the execution of a portfolio of IT audits and deliver to budget, time and quality requirements in line with GA methodology
- Support in driving meaningful business change through the audit delivery process and champion continuous improvement of risk management and control across the Group in respect of the above functional areas.
- IT Degree and/or CISA or equivalent preferred
- A good understanding of technology platforms
- The ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
- Strong experience of risk based IT auditing either in practice or an Internal Audit function operating as a lead auditor
- Previous exposure to COBIT and data analytics is desirable as is some exposure to the Insurance sector
What we'll give you
Come join us and you'll find yourself at the core of the business in one of the most on-the-go teams, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We're always encouraging internal development and you'll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.