Cyber Security Senior Associates - Public Sector
- Job Type
- Cyber Security, Cyber Security Manager, Information Security, Technology Risk
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
A career in our Cyber Security practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we're able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
Our team helps business leaders protect and manage their risk related to information regarding technology, people, systems, processes, culture, and physical surroundings. We help clients' understand their current capability and develop a plan to target cyber security investment, helping to respond to actual cyber incidents, and advising on legal issues related to breaches, data privacy, and protection.
About the role
A Senior Associate in our Cyber Security practice provides technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients' businesses.
You will be a generalist but have specialities in specific areas which can be developed and honed as your career develops. This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across the cyber security spectrum and disciplines. We will offer you opportunities to develop your skills in different areas of cyber security.
We are particularly looking for candidates who have experience or a desire to work in the following sectors
- Crime & Justice
- Central Government
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you can expect to perform any of the following client delivery work
- Provide input to a security strategy and/or target operating model for an information security function
- Conduct a security threat, risk, capability and/or maturity assessment
- Design technical solutions to address specific security challenges
- Provide security subject matter expertise within a wider strategic client engagement
You can also expect to perform the following business development activities
- Meet with clients to understand their needs and help produce proposals to address them
- Develop toolkits, methodologies and accelerators to enhance our sales and delivery capability
- Contribute to our research and thought leadership to improve the eminence of our practice
- Collaborate with third party vendors to develop new and innovative security services for our clients
Essential skills and experience
As a minimum, candidates for this role must have the following
- Some (however limited) information security experience in any form (i.e. operational, consultancy and/or sales)
- Strong academic background such as a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any subject (candidates without academic degrees must be able to demonstrate professional development and supporting vocational and industry qualification)
- Excellent business writing skills, particularly report writing skills
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems and databases
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS)
While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:-
- Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, RIPA, PSD-2, GDPR)
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC)
- Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
- Exposure to multi-tier, web based and cloud based IT architectures
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modelling, controls assessment, risk assessment)
Who we're looking for
We are looking for individuals that thrive in an entrepreneurial environment such that they are comfortable working independently with little supervision and have a strong desire to learn and a willingness to share knowledge.
People that succeed in our business have a passion for cyber security, are naturally inquisitive and get a buzz from solving complex problems. Furthermore, they have a good attention to detail allied with exceptional analytical and technical aptitude. Most of all, they are excellent communicators as we are in a business founded on strong relationships.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Similar searches: Accountancy Practice, Permanent, None, Cyber Security, Business & Management Consultancy, Cyber Security Manager, Financial Services, Information Security, Professional Services, Technology Risk
Technology Risk Consultant - Top 10 Accountancy F…
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company
Information Security Governance & Assurance Manag…
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company
Data Analytics IT Audit Specialist
Internal Audit Connections (IAC)
IT Audit Director
Technology Risk Associate
PwC New Zealand