IT Assurance / Information Security Senior Manager
- GA Global
- Homeworking/ Bedfordshire
- £65,000 - £80,000
- Job Type
- Cyber Security Manager, Information Assurance, Information Security, Security Manager
- Employer Sector
- Automotive & Aviation, Government & Military, Retail, Wholesale & FMCG, Technology, ICT & Telecoms
- Contract Type
- None, 0-25% Travel
A globally renowned organisation requires a home-based permanent IT Assurance / Information Security Senior Manager who possesses good technical Information Security experience coupled with a dynamic and commercial approach - the role will require 3-4 days per week in the office in Bedfordshire. The position will involve managing technical cyber security / information security teams on projects as well as being client facing. This role has cross functional capabilities which will require you to talk knowledgeable about the subject matter to clients.
The IS Assurance Business Lead is to act as the focal leadership position for the development of information system assurance services. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strategic thinking, commercial acumen, technical depth in information technology and a real desire to be out speaking to current and potential customers, stakeholders and the broader industry.The focus of the role will be a mixture of: managing and leading the IS Assurance team; developing products or services for longer term growth; supporting on commercial initiatives; leading service provision for major accounts; and providing technical insight to other colleagues and stakeholders.
The IS Assurance Team provides expertise and experience led assurance services supporting many of the world's largest organisations (in Hi-Tech, Defence, Aerospace and Telecoms) manage IS risk, demonstrate compliance and improve performance.
- To be responsible for and lead the strategy execution for the IS Assurance Team.
- To support the growth of IS Assurance.
- To develop products or services in relation to IS Assurance which are aligned to strategic direction and support go to market activity. To demonstrate commercial acumen and entrepreneurialism
- To take responsibility for key relationships with stakeholders (clients, consultants, industry bodies etc.)
- To represent the organisation at relevant technical committees
- To provide specialist technical expertise, guidance and other required input
- To provide training and coach performance improvements where required.
- Assist the marketing team to effectively focus on how best to promote the IT Assurance business Unit
- Run webinars to promote the IS Assurance business unit
Skills & Experience
- Degree level or equivalent qualification ideally in an IT or technology related discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge of information security / information assurance industry, practices and workings
- Experience of working in an internal facing or external facing IT or professional services environment
- At least 5 years' experience in information security related roles
- Proven interpersonal and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible to performing national and possibly international travel - working from home with 3 or 4 days per month in Dunstable.
- A current UK driving licence
- Desirable - Experience of assurance, ISO 27001, Information Security Consultancy, GDPR, PCI DSS qualified
This is an exceptional opportunity within a new gold standard function which is the business' top priority. This role will offer progression into a Director level position for the successful candidate.
For further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.
Similar searches: Permanent, None, 0-25% Travel, Automotive & Aviation, Cyber Security Manager, Government & Military, Information Assurance, Information Security, Retail, Wholesale & FMCG, Technology, ICT & Telecoms, Security Manager