- Grant Thornton UK LLP
- Job Type
- Technology Risk, Information Systems Auditor, IT Audit, Data Analytics
- Employer Sector
- Accountancy Practice, Business & Management Consultancy, Financial Services, Professional Services
- Contract Type
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
As an Executive in our IT Audit team you'll be responsible for auditing technology risks and undertaking data analytics for key clients across the corporate, financial services and public sectors. Depending on the size of the client you'll work independently, or as part of a wider team.
What you'll be doing:
- you'll be responsible for undertaking external audit IT General Controls engagements and will build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- you'll assist senior members of the team in understanding risks arising from these ITGC reviews and the development of recommendations to address these and hence support the financial statement work of our Assurance Teams
- you'll ensure that key matters which arise during the ITGC audit, which were not identified at the planning stage, are escalated
- you'll ensure that IT audit work is completed with regards to quality, budget and timetable
- you'll support the development and growth of the specialist IT Audit team within the Financial audit function
Who we're looking for:
- you'll have experience of undertaking external audit (i.e. IT General Controls) and / or IT internal audit (minimum criteria)
- you'll understand risk management process & treatment - especially in terms of highlighting threats and raising recommendations to mitigate risks (minimum criteria)
- you'll be familiar with key financial systems and supporting software including ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle) and non-complex such as Agresso, Civica and Sage etc
- you'll have some exposure to data analytics software, for example:
- IDEA or ACL
- Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, SAS or similar (or be willing to learn)
- you'll be professionally qualified (CISA and / or ACA, CA, ACCA) or working towards achieving these
- you'll have experience developing and coaching less experienced team members in IT Audit and risk management
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.
Similar searches: Accountancy Practice, Permanent, None, Business & Management Consultancy, Data Analytics, Financial Services, Information Systems Auditor, IT Audit, Professional Services, Technology Risk