Cyber Security Specialist
- Robert Walters
- Job Type
- Cyber Threat & Vulnerability Analysis, Cyber Security, Cyber Security Consultant, Penetration Tester
- Employer Sector
- Professional Services
- Contract Type
- 0-25% Travel
Be responsible for a well established organisations cyber security environment. The cyber security specialist will use their strong networking knowledge to provide comprehensive security spanning SIEM (threat detection/ prevention), malware and infrastructure.
A Manchester based professional services organisation that has been long admired amongst their peers and classed as a leading industry figure.
The Cyber Security Specialist is will have expansive remit and opportunity to advance security practices across the whole business. Evaluating the current status and developing to heighten resistance to threats, and implement new detection practices.
Implement operational excellence aligned to expected standards and provide security expertise to the wider IT teams in a consultative basis. Working alongside the infrastructure team and take ownership of the security including firewalls, IPS and anti-virus.
Grow cyber intelligence capabilities, in terms of threat detection and prevention.
- Strong Security knowledge - vulnerability scanning, penetration testing techniques.
- Strong networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS) and firewalls
- Experience of SIEM
- Windows server operating environments (Active Directory and Group Policy)
- Antivirus products ideally McAfee
To be considered for the excellent opportunity please apply directly here or call Jackson Smithies on 0161 240 7492 for a confidential conversation.