System Specialist Linux- Contract - 5 Months- Brussels
My client based in Brussels has a opportunity for a Systems Specialist Linux on a 6 month contract role based in Brussels
Role of the function
Ensure the implementation of the new systems and allow the users day to day support for the business IT function
Description of the function
As part of your role, you will participate in the Digital transformation through the implementation of various tools and technologies in a secure manner in all events the face the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Plays an important role in this respect cybersecurity and a reliable, modern, efficient and secure environment is paramount.
This is why digitization, modernization and the implementation of modern, mobile, secure and efficient systems is a priority.
To this end, you will be incorporated into a multidisciplinary team spread over several Divisions as part of the Project and Business Unit.
Role of Linux System Expert
You will work in a Linux / Open Shift environment.
Working on the clients FOCUS bespoke platform
The platform offers opportunities for more direct communication and information sharing during operations and daily work.
- To be a Bachelor or to have a master's degree (or graduated or graduated) in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Successful experience with container application platforms Openshift desirable
- Successful experience in automated distribution of system software updates via Ansible scripts
- Experience in automated application distribution.
- Successful experience of at least 5 years in the exercise of this function.
- Knowledge of the Red Hat Linux server environment (login script, management of rights
- Be preferably bilingual (French, Dutch) or, failing that, have sufficient basic knowledge of a second national language to participate without any problem in meetings with other specialists and with representatives of users.
- A knowledge of technical English is essential.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to write project monitoring reports.
- Demonstrate productivity, autonomy, initiative and flexibility.
- To exercise discretion.
- Adapt quickly to changing situations.
- To be methodical and precise in your work.
- Creative, constructive and solutions oriented.
- Customer-oriented approach.
Successful candidates will be security vetted for the role.
This is an excellent long term opportunity that is on a rolling contract and will be extended on a regular basis.
Feel free to call Allison Stephens @ Apollo Solutions to discuss on: +44 203 1890472