Cyber Security Advisor
Cyber Security Advisor
GBP550 - GBP570p/d - Umbrella Only
Fantastic new contract opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Advisor/Consultant with this market leading business based in London. As part of the Security Advisory Team you will provide advice and guidance on all things Cyber/Information Security for a broad range of clients. Your primary functions will include security incident trending analysis and reporting, security gap analysis, executive reporting, vulnerability assessments and reporting, and keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Provide support delivering a consultative approach by performing continuous incident analysis, service analysis, gap analysis using defined tools and techniques to assist clients in making necessary decisions to improve overall security program.
- Engage in Cyber Managed Detection and Response Projects, being the focal point of project delivery between the client and support services.
- Understands how to quantify risk using threat likelihood, implementation state, and business impact variables.
- Understands how to prioritize remediation efforts based on business need, compliance need, and/or risk reduction need.
- Understands how to define action plans that are easy to implement, effective at reducing risk, and as much as possible will take advantage of existing people, processes, and technologies.
- Stay abreast of the changing enterprise solutions and security needs of the customer; and obtain a working familiarity of the clients' enterprise solutions market, practices, organization, stakeholders, risks, key decision makers and strategic objectives.
- Develop and create Executive Briefings (frequency is based on client demand). The Executive Briefing will illustrate Implementation/Operational score, Threat and/or Vulnerability score, trending details, and may include high-level action plans.
- Detailed Vulnerability Reports (frequency is based on client demand). The Detailed Vulnerability Reports will illustrate summary and detailed findings in regards to aged software, unusual use configurations, and vulnerability severity.
- Monitors change activity, including device feature and maintenance release upgrades as well as vulnerability patches.
- Proven experience of working within a similar Cyber Security Consultant / Advisory position.
- Information Security, including information security management, vulnerability management, application security, security testing, network security and security incident management.
- Good stakeholder management skills, with an ability to understand and communicate technical detail to a non-technical audience.
- Risk assessment/risk management skills.
- Understanding of how to apply Information Security best practice to large scale enterprise environments.
- Good technical knowledge the security impact on established and up and coming technologies.
- Experience of working with different areas (or domains) of Cyber / Information Security.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Danny Palmer on or at