Cyber Security Analyst
Cyber Security Analyst
Bristol - Fully Remote Working
GBP50,000 - GBP55,000 + benefits
Fantastic new permanent opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst with this market leading professional services company based in Bristol. The position will initially be 100% fully remote but will be a blend of office based and remote working post pandemic.
Reporting directly into the Head of Cyber Security you will monitor, maintain and advance the effective use of technical cyber security controls that are actively in use while assisting in the research, selection and deployment of new technical security controls for future use. You will also support the companies safe advancement with new technology and ways of working by leading the design, creation and application of appropriate technical security policies as well as advising on matters related to cyber security, such as in the support of procurement and project activity.
- Providing a point of technical authority and governance for the effective use of technical security controls across the business.
- Developing a deep understanding of regulatory and client/contractual obligations for cyber security, and the requirements of standards such as ISO27001, GDPR and Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Working closely with IT Operations to ensure critical business assets are adequately protected from cyber-related threats through the use of appropriate technical controls.
- Documenting and raising non-conformities with the Head of Cyber Security.
- Producing regular reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness of technical security controls and identify gaps and recommendations where needed.
- Acting as a point of contact in the support of cyber-related audits and certifications.
- Managing 3rd party security (supplier) relationships and assisting in the development of existing relationships and the competitive selection of new suppliers.
- Assisting with ongoing colleague education related to cyber security, helping with phishing simulations, awareness campaigns and ad-hoc queries that come into the team.
- Supporting incident investigations.
- Helping to develop strategies and roadmaps for cyber security technology, in step with the IT Strategy and other business planning activity.
- Deputising for the Head of Cyber Security as required.
- Experience working in a similar Cyber Security/IT Security Analyst role or to have a strong technical background in IT Infrastructure and a passion for Cyber Security.
- A good understanding of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials/Essentials Plus, GDPR and other information security-related regulatory and compliance standards.
- An excellent understanding of security threats, attack scenarios, intrusion detection techniques and incident management.
- A genuine passion for Cyber Security and its technology, and a drive to continually develop professional and personal knowledge in this fast-moving area.
- Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative.
- Have sound analytical skills; able to think laterally and challenge existing concepts.
- A good and confident communicator at all levels; an ability to assert and defend a point of view can be balanced with pragmatism at times.
- The ability to understand technical complexities and issues, and be able to explain and translate these to a less technical audience.
- Endpoint security. (desirable)
- Windows Server technologies, Active Directory and Azure AD (desirable).
- Networking concepts (DNS, IP, segregation techniques) (desirable).
- Cloud computing concepts and service models IaaS/PaaS/SaaS (desirable).
- Authentication concepts (Windows, AAD, Managed Identity) (desirable).
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Danny Palmer at (see below)