Cyber Security Architect
5 days left
Cyber Security Architect - Remote with travel to client sites in Hampshire and UK wide - Permanent - GBP60 - GBP80k
Candidates must be willing to travel to client sites as required.
- Our client is a world-class engineering consultancy. They enable their clients to maximise the investments in science and technology. Trusted by government and industrial partners worldwide, they deliver technology-based Research and Development services, provide independent advice, and solve technically challenging problems
- Our client makes it their business to understand the clients' key issues to provide end-to-end tailored solutions.
- With extensive experience in communications systems, electronic sensors, and information assurance and in both the civil and military domains, they understand the technical complexities of modern and future systems.
- The team of over 350 engineering consultants develop new concepts, capabilities and systems to protect what matters most to their clients.
- Our client remains a British centre of excellence for world-class innovation and engineering.
The Key Responsibilities of a Cyber Security Architect:
- Architecture design and assurance for complex systems that are highly resilient to cyber threats
- Architecture modelling and oversight of technical design studies
- Investigating how emerging technologies can be utilised to increase both agility and security
- Frequent engagement with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder's experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
- Make recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Writing technical material for competitive bids
- Complying with the clients' policies and procedures
Below is a list of Key Skills required for the Cyber Security Architect, however you will not be expected to have everything:
Your broad technical, research and software development background will allow you to rapidly understand new systems and domains, and prototype systems based on your research. As a Senior Cyber Security Architect, you will have a degree level qualification in a STEM subject, or you will have an education and level of experience which is comparable.
Have a recognised Cyber Security qualification such as NCSC Certified Cyber Professional (CCP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
You'll have a background in information technology engineering, ideally networking, software, or hardware.
In addition you should:
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills;
- Have the ability to understand, adapt and architect complex systems; and
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Any experience of high assurance systems;
- Investigate how emerging technologies can be used to improve security
- Evaluate security mechanisms to understand their suitability
- Industry background in Information Assurance systems and processes;
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to executives.
- This is a client facing role and we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Our client is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Their working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. They can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
- Flexi Leave and Flexi Time Scheme
- Annual Holiday
- Flexible Benefits
- Sickness Benefit
- Business Performance Related Bonus
- Share Save Plan
- Pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Minibus from client to the train station
- Subsidized restaurant serving hot and cold food
- Membership of the sports and social club for just GBP1 per month
- Membership of the onsite gym/tennis courts for only GBP7 a month
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you GBP250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of BPSS. If you do not hold an active BPSS clearance, please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2021.