Digital & Technology Risk Lead
Wellcome is a politically and financially independent global charitable foundation. We support discovery research into life, health and wellbeing, and we're taking on three worldwide health challenges: mental health, global heating and infectious diseases.
We are looking for a Risk Lead to join our Strategy and Governance Team within our Digital and Technology (D&T) division. D&T's mission is to enable Wellcome in every endeavour that it undertakes to achieve its goals. We do this by working across Wellcome to generate qualitative and quantitative data to inform future decisions, and by providing secure technology systems with reliable and flexible approaches to work in easy and interactive ways.
The Risk Lead will play a key role in managing the risk function within D&T to ensure the planning and implementation of processes and procedures adhere to all legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements for the organisation. The role will be working closely with the Wellcome risk function to standardise and streamline D&T risk management processes, improve productivity, and adopt best practices through periodic reviews and benchmark risk management processes. The Risk Lead role is the owner of the risk and control environment for D&T and leads the implementation of initiatives from Wellcome's wide risk management function and alignment of D&T risk management processes.
Main Purpose of the Position:
- In conjunction with the Wellcome risk function, manages the planning and implementation of D&T wide processes and procedures, tools and techniques for the identification, assessment, and management of risk with areas focusing on:
- those arising from the use of information technology including non-availability and inappropriate disposal of materials, hardware, or data.
- risk inherent in the operation of business processes and of potential risks arising from planned change.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound understanding of Risk Management principles and philosophy.
- Risk management, audit, and security experience.
- Analytical: Inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance.
- Technical: Broad understanding of security technology and related risk and compliance issues.
- Defined authority and accountability for actions and decisions within a significant area of work, including technical, financial, and quality aspects. Establishes organisational objectives and assigns responsibilities.
- Influences policy and strategy formation. Initiates influential relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers, and partners at senior management level, including industry leaders. Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organisations, achievement of organisational objectives and financial performance.
- Promotes the application specific bodies of knowledge to support evidence-based application of best practice within Wellcome .
- Solid business knowledge and understanding of current and emerging information and communications technologies and their level of maturity and stability.
- Facilitates the analysis of business processes, and articulate potential changes to business processes in a lucid and cogent manner, both orally and in writing.
- Understanding of key technology frameworks and standards such as ITIL, COBIT, NIST etc.
- Holds a relevant professional qualification such as risk management related certifications CRISC, ISO 31000.
- Relevant experience and / or typically educated to bachelor degree level, and may have a postgraduate qualification such as an MSc, MBA, or other appropriate business, engineering, scientific or industry qualification.
If you are interested in the role, and would like to apply, please ensure you click 'Apply' and attach your CV and complete the questionnaire form.
Contract Type: Permanent
Advert closing date: 14th October, 2021. We encourage you to apply as soon as you can.
We understand that our people have commitments and personal interests outside of work and we strive to build a flexible working environment, in which people can perform at their best.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us.
More searches like this
- Information Assurance Technology, IT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Security Technology, IT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Compliance Technology, IT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Technology, IT & Telecoms £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom