Senior Cyber Security Consultant
5 days left
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Consultant to join a fast moving and growing cyber security business.
The primary role of the Principal Consultant is to provide security technology consulting services to customers in defence, security, and commercial sectors and the Principal Consultant may be engaged in a broad range of activities from helping a customer define and develop a solution to an immediate need to considering the strategic long-term exploitation of an emerging technology.
Working as part of a team the Principal Consultant will take a leading role, shaping the solution and providing a primary contact point with the customer. The principal consultant will ensure customer's needs are clearly articulated to the team as a whole and will take responsibility for smooth delivery of the project.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Principal Consultant
* Be the programme technical task lead in new and existing work in order to deliver high quality customer solutions.
* Use business, industry, and technical knowledge to elicit customer business requirements, and define technical requirements.
* Design and document solutions architectures using company architecture, where applicable.
* Maintain a good working knowledge of the business's intellectual property and product portfolio in order to manage the design and development of solutions to customer's business problems
* Work with accreditors to understand their concerns and develop suitable architectures and strategies to address these within the scope of a project.
* Deliver high quality input into bids and proposals and interface with the implementation / project teams, articulating the customer requirement and proposed solution to ensure a smooth transition from sales to delivery.
* Evangelise services, products, technologies, and expertise externally, and develop networking relationships with customers and industry contacts.
* Contribute market intelligence to shape product features required to maintain market worthiness of products including:
* Customer/business requirements and feedback on existing products.
* New technical developments/approaches within our markets.
* Identifying relevant standards and evaluations.
* Work with Product Leads to feedback on issues with current products and propositions and provide input around new products and services.
* Contribute to the sales process providing technical leadership on pre-sales activity, and bids.
* Contribute to the production of sales and marketing collateral including technical white papers describing the product capabilities, deployments and discussing the implications of emerging technologies.
* Maintaining an awareness of a broad range of technologies and techniques that may be applied to projects and consulting engagements.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members to ensure they are better able to deliver products, solutions, and services that delight our customers.
Skills of the Principal Consultant
* Experience in programme technical leadership.
* Formal systems architecture and modelling experience.
* Understanding and working knowledge of the defence / military arena would be preferable
* Knowledge of cloud-based systems.
* Awareness of project and programme management techniques and tools.
* Awareness of NCSC Guidance and Advice and its application.
* Either holding UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
* Team leadership or management experience.
* Technical Lead of innovation and MoD research projects, for example SERAPIS / ITA.
* Understanding of commercial markets.
* TOGAF?? Certified preferred
* Awareness of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and associated NIST publications, useful
If this is the role for you, then apply today