Cyber Security Analyst
Cyber Security Analyst - Remote - Permanent - Up to GBP35,000 Per Annum
We are looking for a Cyber Security Analyst for our client who is an exciting new start-up in the ever-growing Cyber Security/Cloud IT Solutions market.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to be at the forefront of an organisation with the potential to skyrocket.
The business has just won a 3-year deal with a huge brand and your initial responsibilities will be to support their SOC function.
* 3+ years in Cyber Security
* Knowledge of TCP/IP based Networks, MS Windows/Linux operating systems and protocols
* Knowledge of Low to Mid-level security analysis
* Experience of SIEM tools & technologies
* Familiarity with Cyber Essentials, ISO27001 and PCI-DSS
* Security certifications such as - CEH, GCIH, GCIA, SSCP, CISSP, CompTIA Security+ are desirable
You will be the one of the first members of the new Cyber Security team and will be initially responsible for supporting the SOC function at a major UK brand.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
* Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
* Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
* Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
* Test and evaluate security products
* Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones
* Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
* Engage in 'ethical hacking', for example, simulating security breaches
* Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
* Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
* Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users
* Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
* Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
* Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
* Monitor and respond to 'phishing' emails and 'pharming' activity
* Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
* Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails