Data Protection Officer (DPO)
A FTSE 100 Pharmaceutical organisation based in London requires a DPO to Head their data privacy function.
This role is responsible for leading and providing the strategic vision for the large data privacy team across all the UK business units. You will provide the advice and oversight to ensure that all areas are fulfilling their regulatory requirements.
The role will require you to act as an advisor to Executive level leaders, projects, and stakeholders on all data privacy regulatory matters.
- Lead the data privacy and protection teams across all UK business units to ensure that all privacy-related legal and regulatory risks and compliance are met and ensure that all data protection program timelines are achieved.
- Provide the strategic vision and oversight for the data privacy and protection areas while develop the data privacy culture throughout the organsation.
- Lead, manage, recruit and coach a specialist team of data privacy managers and privacy experts to guide, advise and support the business in data privacy activities such as DPIAs, personal data incident management, and third-party supplier due diligence
- Be a strong and effective leader and partner senior leaders across the bank, influence and be credible
- Work in partnership with wider assurance and oversight teams to support Global Support Projects including transformations and M&A activity.
- Plan and oversee reviews of Global and higher risk Privacy Impact Assessments and vendor privacy risk assessments to provide advice on new projects.
- Assess the level of compliance maturity and privacy-related risks including the Risk Reporting process.
Skills and experience
- Proven leadership and management experience as a DPO in a blue-chip environment managing Data Privacy and Protection teams.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills - for both internal and external relationships
- Experience in working closely with senior executives and fostering a data protection culture within the organisation
- Strong technical knowledge in data privacy obligations including GDPR, E-Privacy Directive, UK DPA and CCPA.
This is a rare and outstanding DPO executive-level opportunity with a FTSE 100 organisation, for further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.
More searches like this
- Data Protection Technology, IT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Information Assurance Technology, IT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Information Security Technology, IT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Berkshire
- IT Compliance Technology, IT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Berkshire