IT Audit Manager
IT Audit Manager (Trading House) - Rotterdam
About the opportunity:
A globally leading trading company is searching for a Senior IT Auditor to join their team in Rotterdam, the Netherlands' second-largest city, and home of Europe's largest seaport.
You will report to the Global Head of Audit, who in turn reports to the CFO. You will be part of the Internal Audit department to deliver both IT and operational audits globally. The main objective will be assessing the design and operating effectiveness of the company's internal control framework and management practices, specifically around IT.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in both dedicated IT audits and operational audits (latter with IT coverage), including planning, fieldwork and reporting, in line with generally excepted IT frameworks such as COBIT (ISACA). Preparing closing meetings and audit reports for senior management in a timely manner.
- Coaching and supporting audit team members on IT controls and IT audit process.
- Documenting process flows, identifying risks, and assessing the control environment and risk management framework based on controls testing (design and operating effectiveness).
- Working with stakeholders worldwide, in both an independent audit capacity and an advising role at the same time
- Contributing to the continuous monitoring of the control environment, periodic risk assessments and the annual audit planning process.
- Reviewing and evaluating audit programs and methodology to achieve audit objectives.
- Providing suggestions for operational efficiencies at the location subject to review.
- Initiating practical solutions to problems arising in IT and operational processes.
- Monitoring and validation of management action plans following report issuance.
- Pro-actively supporting the audit teams globally with IT knowledge and audit techniques.
Your skills and experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Economics, Finance or other related area.
- Professional qualification (CISA, RE, RA, CPA, CA, CIA or other relevant) or working towards completing one.
- 6-10 years' experience in IT audit (either internal or external or both).
- Knowledge of information security frameworks, such as Cobit 5/2019, NIST and ISF.
- Extensive experience with audits on IT governance, risk management and processes & controls.
- Knowledge of technical systems such as networks, platforms (e.g. Linux, Windows) and database management systems (e.g. Oracle) is preferred.
- Hands-on and structured working style, with eye for detail without losing oversight.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, with a high level of perseverance and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to work under pressure at a fast pace independently in a highly ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Excellent active listening, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate audit observations in a direct and transparent manner is a must.
What's on offer:
- A salary of up to €90,000 per year
- Flexible and attractive pension scheme
- International travel opportunities
Apply now to discuss in further detail!
Apply for IT Audit Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly